A flavorful, meaty, and easy pasta bake recipe that tastes like homemade, but can be thrown together with just 10 minutes prep.
This easy pasta bake recipe is a tasty, and delicious pasta bake that will make you wish you were sitting on the streets of Italy, dipping bread into freshly pressed olive oil, and gabbing with friends.
Okay, it doesn’t take a pasta bake to make me wish for that, and this particular baked pasta dish may not actually do that, but it is really tasty, very easy to make, and something the whole family will love. And it uses Ragu Homestyle Sauce, so it tastes like it is completely from scratch, when in reality you can get the help of a jar. Ragu sauces are made with vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs. But even better than what is in the sauce, is what is NOT in them. There are no artificial flavors, no artificial colors and no high fructose corn syrup. The hearty texture just hugs the noodles, and the meaty sausage gives it an extra delicious punch. Trust me, you will love it!
This summer I get to go to Sicily Italy and take a cooking class. I could not be any more excited. I got to visit Sicily once before, while on a cruise in the Mediterranean, but only spent one day, and did not get to explore the area, or the food nearly as much as I wanted too. In fact, my husband decided he wanted to buy a suit while we were there, so I really only saw the inside of the tailor shop, and then ate at one restaurant. So I can’t wait to visit, and of course share all the details, and recipes with you guys.
This recipe is loaded with good stuff like meat, onions, zucchini, and of course sauce. And it is topped with a garlic bread!
I grew up loving Italy because my dad served an LDS mission to Padova, and I heard so much about the wonderful culture, food, and people that I was already in love before we ever visited. And foods like this one make me even more in love. Can you blame me? Rich tomatoes, lots of veggies, and hearty meats. Then add in the garlic bread, and yum…
Let’s get to the recipe:
- 1 jar RAGU Homestyle Thick and Hearty Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground sausage or hamburger
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped small
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped small
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1- 16 ounce box ziti noddles
- 1 -8 ounce can crescent dough sheet
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs Garlic salt (or Johnny's garlic seasoning), divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- In a large skillet, saute onion, zucchini, and yellow squash, with ground sausage with 1/2 Tbs garlic salt. Cook until veggies are tender and meat is cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked noodles, sauce, and veggie and meat mixture together
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Place crescent dough on top, brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt
- Bake at 375 degrees for 13-17 minutes until top is golden brown, and pasta dish is heated and bubbly.
Pin to your DINNER board and be sure to check out the RAGU homestyle page to learn about new products and delicious flavors.