This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
Rich, decadent, and dairy free, this So Delicious Dairy Free® Dessert cake is the perfect holiday or any day treat!
I don’t know if I will ever get over my love affair with food. No matter how good the meal I just ate was, I am always thinking about and looking forward to the next one. I think about food pretty much constantly. I love it. I love how it brings people together, and creates traditions. I love that it is so easy to customize and put your own stamp on. I love that it is so accommodating to people’s choices.
I enjoy desserts, but I am more of a foodie. But one thing I have always loved is frozen desserts. I grew up eating them several times a week.
As I have shared this already, some of you may know, I recently found out I have a slight intolerance to lactose. While this has certainly be a challenge in many areas, when it comes to frozen desserts, it has been extra hard, as they are rich and comforting, not to mention refreshing.
Fortunately for me there are so many awesome products available now to help fill that craving without the dairy.
This year for Thanksgiving I decided I wanted to make frozen cake. To keep it festive and fun I called it a “salted caramel cashew hot chocolate frozen cake!” It is a combination of two of my favorite flavors: Salted Caramel and Frozen Hot Chocolate. It is a mouthful. A tasty, insanely delicious, and totally amazing mouthful.
In order to keep it dairy free so I could enjoy it thoroughly, I used So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts. I picked it up at Walmart. Have you guys seen it? So Delicious Dairy Free® offers a range of 100 percent plant based options with no artificial flavors, colors, trans-fats, or hydrogenated oils. They are certified vegan and Kosher, and are dairy and egg free, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff. And it is the perfect starting place for a dairy free frozen dessert cake!
To make this I used a three mini spring form pans, but you could use a full size, and I created a sandwich cookie crust. I took sandwich cookies and a dairy free cream cheese to make a truffle crust by processing them in a food processor and pushing the truffle mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
Then I scooped in Cashew Dark Chocolate Truffle So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts. After smoothing it out, I moved to the next layer.
One of my favorite things about hot chocolate is mixing in extras and flavors. I love cashews, so I created a chocolate cashew crunch center using roasted cashews, and a vegan chocolate sauce (recipe included below).
Then I topped it with Cashew Salted Caramel Cluster So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
Then I stuck it in the freezer for a bit to firm it back up! Once it was firmer, I just decorated it with more cashews and chocolate sauce and caramel. Amazing right?
And so delicious! Pun intended.
Salted Caramel Cashew Hot Chocolate Frozen Dessert Cake (Dairy Free)Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 a package of chocolate sandwich cookies about 15 cookies
- 4 ounces dairy free cream cheese
Cashew Crunch Center
- 1 cup cashews cut into small pieces
- 7 ounces full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cashew Dark Chocolate Truffle So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
- Cashew Salted Caramel Cluster So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
Cashew Crunch Center
- In a blender, blend coconut milk, palm sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes stirring frequently
- Remove from heat, and then whisk in coconut oil and vanilla
- Split sauce in half
- Allow sauce to cool then stir chopped cashews into one half of the mixture, and set the other half aside
- While chocolate cashew mixture cools, take chocolate sandwich cookies, and dairy free cream cheese and put in food processor. Process until smooth
- Then divide into 3 equal parts, and press into the bottom of 3 mini spring form pans
- Spoon 1/3 a pint of Cashew Dark Chocolate Truffle So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
- Spoon 1/3 of cashew crunch mixture over the top of the Cashew Dark Chocolate Truffle So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
- Spoon 1/3 of Cashew Salted Caramel Cluster So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts
- Put the springform into a freezer and let solidify for 1-2 hours
- Remove cakes from freezer, and spoon the remaining sauce over the top, garnish with cashew pieces and enjoy!
What are you going to make with this So Delicious® Dairy Free Frozen Dessert!