No salt, no shaking, no machine needed for this cool, refreshing summer treat that embodies the spirit of summer with all the goodness of s’mores!
Homemade ice cream is so fun, but not everyone has an ice cream maker. I realize this, which is why I am sharing this super easy, tasty, and no machine required recipe. Well, you do need a hand mixer, unless you have arms made of steel. But no ice-cream machine is needed.
This awesome ice cream recipe is so creamy, so delicious, and so easy to make. It uses the same idea as the Raspberry Nutella Swirl ice cream I shared a few weeks ago, but with different mix-ins, and just one extra step!
So here is what you need
10 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
16 minTotal Time
- 1/2 bag big mashmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mashed up graham crackers
- 1 package graham cracker crust bowls (pie tins)
- Whip your heavy cream until soft peaks form
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, and whip until stiff peaks form
- Turn oven on to broil on high
- Spray a cooking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray
- Lay marshmallows across tray in a single layer
- Broil until they are brown, flip, and broil on other side (2-3 minutes per side) Watch them closely as it can go south fast. Should not take long, but you don't really want to burn them (unless you like burnt marshmallow flavor, then go right ahead)
- Once browned on both sides, dump into cream mixture, and stir it in.
- Fold in chocolate chips and graham cracker crumble
- Put in bread pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 hours
- When ready to serve, scoop into graham cracker crust pie tins for a fun way to add a little more to your ice cream!
If you spend about 10 minutes early on in the day, you can enjoy this creamy sweet goodness in the evening. It takes 4-6 hours to freeze, but makes a wonderful, creamy, and fun dessert.
Another option is to serve it between two graham crackers as an ice cream sandwich!