30 Minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo:
A cheesy, garlicky delicious pasta packed with shrimp, and an easy homemade Alfredo. Great weeknight dinner!
30 Minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Busy days and nights are pretty typical around here. And I know how hard it can be to find time to pull a dinner together on a week night. If you are anything like me, there are way too many nights when dinner time rolls around and nothing is ready, nothing is defrosted, and you are left debating between pancakes and cereal. Well, this is the answer. It is fast, easy to make, and your family will think you put tons of thought and effort into this beautiful dinner!
30 Minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo, did I mention how delicious it is? The shrimp are cooked to perfection, and an easy Alfredo sauce can be whipped up in minutes in a blender. My favorite blender is my. I use it all the time. Or skip the blender and just heat and whisk by hand. I prefer to simplify the whole process. This recipe gets rave reviews, and consists of things you might already have on hand, or can keep in the freezer for those busy nights.
Weight Friendly Shrimp Alfredo
If you want to make this lower fat, substitute a fat free cream cheese, low fat milk option, and cut down the butter, or leave it out. Fat adds flavor, so keep that in mind, but this can be a really great guiltless meal. I know that sometimes I make those swaps, and hardly miss it because the garlic and the cheese still impart so much flavor.
A few tips:
- Rinse your shrimp well in a colander before cooking so you don’t get a “fishy” taste in your sauce.
- Stir the garlic so it doesn’t burn. If it gets too brown it will be bitter.
- Keep stirring when you pour the milk mixture in, you don’t want it to burn.
- Use a heavy bottomed pot to help reduce the likelihood of scorched milk.
- If you don’t eat all of it in one sitting, when reheating add milk to get to the desired consistency as it will get thicker!
Love shrimp? Try one of these recipes:
- Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Shrimp Crostini
- Faux Pho: Thai Shrimp Noodle Bowl
- Coconut Lime Shrimp
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
30 Minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese or 3 cheese blend
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese optional
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Using a hand mixer or blender, mix together the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth, set aside
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Saute garlic for about a minute, then add in peeled and deveined shrimp
- Cook 3-5 minutes, until pink, and just barely cooked through
- Remove shrimp from pan, leave garlic and butter drippings in saucepan
- Add milk mixture to the pan, and stir for 4 minutes on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and keep stirring for about 6 more minutes until is starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add grated cheese and Parmesan
- Cover, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp into sauce and let stand another 5 minutes
- Serve over noodles of choice, I chose fettuccine. (1 lb package is sufficient)
- Garnish with some dried parsley
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dinner board on Pinterest: