This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatsYourRanch #CollectiveBias
An easy to make 7 ingredient Chicken Burrito Bowl with Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch that is the perfect weeknight solution for dinner!
You guys, I have not been very happy lately. Lots of good things have been happening in my life, and so I have no reason to pinpoint and say, “This…this is why I am not happy.” I just haven’t been. And I think a big part of it is that our family has been crazy busy out of control.
I feel like I am constantly drowning. Like, the water, it is all good things, soccer, school, work, family, French, a new house, and so much more. We could call it rose scented water. But it is still water, and still overwhelming. And we are out of our routine. Does this even make any sense?
Anyway, we have been eating out WAY too much, spending WAY too much money, eating crap. We gobble down our food, often in between this and that, sometimes in the car, sometimes in front of the television because we want to vegge out for a few minutes. Basically, our kitchen table has become a place to set groceries until I put them away.
I don’t like being unhappy. I mean, obviously, who does? But sometimes I think we allow ourselves to be unhappy because we are too distracted and overwhelmed to do anything about it.
I do better and am a lot happier when we have structure in our family life. When my house is clean. When I have a plan. When I eat dinner with my family, at the table! So in order to get out of my funk, and kind of regain that happiness I lost to the chaos, I have been really trying hard this week to at least make dinner. Not order pizza or take-out.
I love to cook, and I love feeling good about what I feed my family. But I also have time limitations.
This Chicken Burrito Bowl has been a life saver in my attempt to regain my sanity and happiness. It is ridiculously simple and easy to make, is packed full of amazing flavor, and my kids love it as much as I do. That is a huge win. HUGE! I grabbed a regular chicken breast, rubbed on some pre-packaged fajita mix, and grilled it inside on my little George Foreman type grill. But you could use leftovers, grill something up outside, or even use a rotisserie chicken you pick up at the grocery store. The real flavor comes from the topping.
The real winner for this amazing burrito bowl is the avocado ranch topping! I was at Smith’s and saw it, and just knew we would love it. The best part, besides the flavor, is I don’t even have to make it myself. Hidden Valley Ranch came out with 4 new flavors: Sweet Chili, Avocado, Roasted Garlic, and Cucumber! And they are perfect for busy families like mine, as it has been an excellent way to add some flavor without effort. If that isn’t happiness, then what is? You guys, they also have other flavors, like Bacon! I put some of the bacon one on a BLT, AMAZING!!! So I can’t wait to try all of the new flavors!Sweet Chili is next! You can get a coupon for it here.
So when you have Avocado Ranch on top of sweet potatoes, corn, and grilled chicken, black beans, and rice, and your whole dinner is done in like 20 minutes, you can see why I call this a happiness maker! Right? The corn and sweet potatoes bring a fun sweet flavor, the dressing some tanginess, the fresh avocado makes it creamy, and the beans give it some heft, making this the ideal meal!
7 Ingredient Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 Seasoned Chicken Breast Rub on salt and pepper, fajita seasoning, or whatever you like best
- 1 fresh corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch dressing
- Season your chicken, and grill, indoor or outdoor, I rubbed on some pre-packaged fajita seasoning, but salt and pepper would work well, or some chili spice, or you could use a rotisserie chicken, leftovers, etc.
- Heat up rice (I bought some of those little minute rice cups from the grocery store, I like brown, my kids like white, everyone was happy and it literally took 60 seconds to make)
- Grill corn on the cob, and cut kernels off cob, or simply heat up some whole kernel corn
- Cook sweet potato in the microwave for 5-7 minutes, peel, and dice
- Assemble 2 burrito bowls by starting with rice, and layering on chicken, corn, beans, sweet potato, and sliced avocado
- Top with desired Avocado Ranch dressing and enjoy