I LOVE avocado. Seriously. I think it is my favorite food. I pretty much eat one every single day. And why not? They are a healthy fat! Anyway, I kept seeing people pin things with eggs baked inside of an avocado, and I decided I had to try it. I am glad I did. It was delicious.
Baked Avocado and EggPrint Pin Rate
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 Tbs Feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your avocado in half.
- Scoop out some of the center so there is room for the egg.
- Crack an egg into the hole you created in the center of your avocado. Use a medium egg so that it does not overflow your avocado too much.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
- Season further if desired, sprinkle feta crumbles over hot egg, and serve with fresh sliced tomatoes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I loved this because it was quick, simple, and a great pre or post-work out snack. Not that I work out much. But when I do, I like something that packs a punch.
Here are some pics of the process:
Crack your egg into it.
Once baked season to your liking.
Add feta crumbles, and serve with fresh sliced tomatoes.
If you are only cooking for one, which is frequently the case for me when my bigs are in school and the hubster is at work, you might want to check out this nifty avocado saver, which keeps the other half good for you until you want to use it. It is around $5, and totally worth it!
And for that matter, why not save the rest of your tomato too?