Balsamic Caprese Chicken is a pan seared balsamic chicken, topped with creamy mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and fresh Roma tomatoes. This is a simple chicken dinner with insane fresh flavors, and is the perfect summer meal.
Balsamic Caprese Chicken/h1>
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your CHICKEN board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It is summer and the vines are starting to show those ripe red tomatoes, and my herb garden is starting to really fill out. I love fresh. And I love the fresh flavors of summer. Especially when you combine them with fresh cheeses and fresh breads.
You guys, one of my favorite snacks is traditional caprese. There is something about fresh mozzarella that I can not get enough of. Especially Stella® Fresh Mozzarella. It is amazing cheese! It has a rich history, dating back to 1923. It has a soft texture and subtle flavor. It is creamy, and is the perfect way to enhance all kinds of dishes, from salads, to sandwiches, and everything in between. And it tastes as fresh as those tomatoes! Honestly, it is one of my favorite foods to keep on hand. You can find it in an 8 ounce ball or 16 ounce log.
I went ahead and got a ball, and then I had to go and get the log too because I ate half of it before I even started this recipe, and didn’t have enough left to finish the recipe off. Okay, so I am obsessed with all things caprese, so I decided to make this amazing balsamic chicken topped with a caprese. And Holy Moly!!!! It was seriously the yummiest chicken dish, and one of the easiest things to make.
You cook it in a skillet first, then finish it in the oven. You get the creaminess of the mozzarella combined with the fresh acid from the tomato, and the fragrance of the basil, all with the yummy tangy, richness of the balsamic. I was slurping up the pan juices.
Get a coupon for $1.00 OFF Stella® Fresh Mozzarella.
This coupon is running June 12-August 20
** Full details can be found here!
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts (about 5-6 pieces)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp minced onion
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs Raw Honey
- Roma tomato, sliced
- Stella Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves (1-2 per piece of chicken)
- Take two pieces of plastic wrap, and place chicken breast between it. Pound chicken breasts to ½” thick.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Sear chicken on both sides. Once it is brown, reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic.
- Saute the garlic until it is tender, and slightly browned. But do not let it burn or it will turn bitter.
- Add broth, balsamic and raw honey.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and simmer for 08-10 minutes, covered until the chicken is cooked through. With internal temp of at least 165 degrees.
- Turn oven on to broil on high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place each piece of chicken om the baking sheet.
- Wash basil leaves, and slice roma tomatoes
- Place a basil leaf on top of each chicken breast, then cover with a slice of mozzarella.
- Broil until cheese is slightly melted.
- Add tomato slice, then return to the oven and cook again until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with additional fresh basil and Enjoy!
Pin to your CHICKEN board: