Caprese Grilled Cheese
Gooey mozzarella cheese, fresh cut tomatoes, basil leaves, and a balsamic, mayo! All grilled to perfection.
Run to your kitchen and make this right now!!! I will wait… Okay, take that first bite, and enter the land where you tastebuds die happy, where they will never want another bite of anything ever again because nothing will compare…ever!
Haha, okay, I may be setting your expectations a little high, but this sandwich is ridiculously good.
Do you love caprese? I do. I love all types of caprese. My hubby’s work used to make this one with mangos and a sweet chili sauce. I have been trying to duplicate it, and when I do, I will share.
On the 4th of July I like a strawberry, blueberry, and mozzarella caprese with balsamic reduction.
Basically, if it is called “caprese” it goes in my mouth.
Haha. I love cheese, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic. So when you combine them it is bliss. Add some bread. Some butter. Then grill it. And oh my gosh… Hello fat pants! Goodbye ambitions for a bikini body. Haha!
Okay, not true, but you guys, hurry and indulge in this because next week I am starting my “get your body summer ready” series with a cleanse, healthy recipes, and a lot less of these buttery, cheesy, carb filled recipes. Mmmmm.
Here’s the thing, this sandwich is not all bad. Fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil all rock. But in addition to that, I used a balsamic mayo.
That addition of balsamic mayo is fantastic. It tastes amazing and brings that Caprese idea full circle!
But let’s get back to this Caprese Grilled Cheese…
Other Delicious Grilled Cheese Recipes:
Caprese Grilled Cheese
- French bread
- Fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves
- Fresh vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 TBS Mayo
- 1/2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- Spread butter on one side of a piece of french bread
- Mix balsamic mayo ingredients together, and spread some on the other side of the bread
- On a griddle heated to 350 degrees, place buttered side down, and layer on fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves.
- Spread more mayo mixture on a second piece of bread, and butter on other side, and place on top of the sandwich, mayo side down.
- When bread is browning, flip sandwich giving the other side a chance to brown, and the cheese to get melt-y
- Remove from griddle when it has reached the golden brown stage (approx 2-3 minutes per side) and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Want another great grilled cheese? This video shows one of my favorites!
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!