Kabobs are such a fun way to serve food. For meat kabobs cooked on the grill, a good marinade is very important. It will give flavor to the kabob, and take it from ordinary to extraordinary!
We do a lot with kabobs, as they are fun for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I use bamboo or metal, just depending on which is more convenient. The metal skewers I use are these. They come 12 to the pack, and work great on the grill. For bamboo skewers, consider something like this. They cost only pennies apiece.
Summer is a great time to grill, and kabobs can make a little meat go a long way, they offer a great option for using up the odds and ends veggies in the fridge, it also makes summer eating easier because it is already cut into bite sized chunks, so moms don’t have to spend the whole meal cutting kid’s food, etc.
Beef KabobsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp Cumin
- A pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs lean beef tri tip, london broil, sirloin, etc.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- Zucchini optional
- Yellow squash optional
- Grape tomatoes optional
- Mushrooms optional
- Preheat grill to 300-350 degrees (medium)
- Soak skewers in water 5-10 minutes if using bamboo skewers.
- Mix up marinade (all ingredients besides the meat and veggies)
- Set some aside to use during cooking
- Chunk meat into 1-2 inch chunks, cut veggies to the same size
- Marinade meat in fridge for 15 minutes to several hours. For tougher cuts, marinade longer.
- Assemble skewers
- Grill kabobs with lid down for 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Turn occasionally, brush with additional marinade throughout cooking process. (Do not brush meat with marinade that has come in contact with raw meat unless you boil it for 1 minute first)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Then grill or broil and enjoy!