Enjoy the Best Curried Sausages for seriously good comfort food, Aussie style. Grilled sausages, onion slivers and green peas smothered in a thick curry gravy – it’s a satisfying and nourishing dinner your whole family will love.
Best Curried Sausages
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Easy Dinners board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey guys, Laura and Sarah here from Wandercooks. Today we want to share with you this classic Australian recipe for the Best Curried Sausages everrrrr.
Yep. Did you know that this tasty and unassuming little dish of curried sausages even has a really cool super-power? Just one bite and its simple traditional flavours will whisk you away to bygone times.
Curried sausages always remind us of growing up in Australia. Of the simple, no-fuss family dinners that reached the table with minimal effort. It’s an all-time favourite in both of our families, standing the test of time to be cooked and eaten with as much enthusiasm today as it was back then.
So just why do we love them so much?
Well, back then our childhood selves loved curried sausages for being warm, nourishing, and full of that familiar curry flavour. Now we’re pretty sure our mums also loved them for being quick and easy to prepare AND economical on the weekly budget.
Dished up with a healthy serve of creamy mashed potato, there’s nothing more satisfying than the Best Curried Sausages on a busy weeknight. You can easily have your very own batch on the table in less than 30 minutes. (With the plates were scraped clean in less than five!)
Or you could easily mix things up by serving on top of piping rice. Yum!
Best Curried Sausages
- 6 beef sausages
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- ½ - 1 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder Keens or Clive of India brand for the best flavour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp water
- vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ketchup or 1 tsp gravy powder
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and fry until just cooked. Turn them often to cook evenly and avoid burning. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then slice into 4-5 cm pieces.
- In the same frypan add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the curry powder, beef stock and sausages to the pan, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the peas and stir through.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp water in a small dish. Pour into the pan with the curried sausages and gently mix through. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened nicely.
- Optional step: Add ketchup or gravy powder and mix through for richer flavour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately over mashed potato or cooked rice.
PIN to your DINNER board: