This CARROT CAKE MUFFINS post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Our CARROT COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS are soft and fluffy muffins, stuffed with carrots and coconut, and a cinnamon sugar streusel crumb topping!
I have been on a total carrot cake kick lately. I had no idea how much I liked carrot cake. Partly because I have always been way too lazy to make it. Grating carrots is hard work. But then I discovered the power of the food processor. Peel a couple carrots, chop off the ends, and stick in a food processor. 30 seconds later you have all the “grated” carrot you need for carrot…whatever! And today it is carrot coffee cake muffins.
Carrot coffee cake muffins are a light and fluffy muffin with carrot and coconut inside, and a cinnamon crumb topping.
You bake them at 450 degrees, and they will get this puffy dome. The sour cream inside of them make the carrot cake muffins ultra moist and light in texture. And the cinnamon streusel topping just makes them perfect. Especially if you want to enjoy them with a cup of coffee.
These carrot cake muffins come together so quick you could whip them up in the morning to eat fresh, but I particularly enjoy them when they are a day or two old and the flavors have a chance to mature and meld together.
I am sure you will love them as much as we do!
Carrot Cake Muffins
- Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbs cold butter
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- Or use silicone baking cups to line your muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Prepare crumb topping by whisking flour, sugar, and cinnamon together
- Cut in butter in small cubes, and use a pastry cutter or forks to mix. You want it to resemble crumbs when finished. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix for 1 minute on a medium speed.
- Add in sour cream, and mix until just mixed, then stir in carrot and coconut
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt into the bowl.
- Use shortening to grease the muffin tins
- Put approximately 1/4 cup batter in each slot.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over the top evenly.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until golden, and no longer wet.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
Fluffy and delicious carrot coffee cake muffins. This recipe has been adapted from [url href="http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/08/blueberry-crumb-muffins.html" target="_blank"]Le Creme De La Crumb[/url]
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Check out this delicious Carrot Cake Bars with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Or if you love muffins: Blueberry Sour Cream Lemon Muffins