This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
Cheesy Chicken Bites
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your appetizers board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Cheesy Chicken Bites, chicken coated in Cheez-It Grooves, baked (not fried), and topped with even more intense cheese flavor with Cheez-It Crunch’D. Perfect for appetizers during your basketball festivities
I don’t know about you guys, but usually during this time of year I find myself eating a lot of appetizer type foods rather than actual meals. Probably because I, along with my family, spend a lot of time camped out in front of the television watching basketball.
I love basketball season. I have admitted time and again on here that sports are big in my house with my boys, but I rarely get to watch. Too many kids. Too many responsibilities. Too little time to devote to long game watching. But I do love basketball. It is definitely my favorite sport to watch on television. And it is fun to get in the spirit and root for my favorite teams, fill out a bracket, and celebrate with game-watching parties and food!
These are one of my favorites to serve because they have more heft than a lot of appetizers. You could even eat them for dinner, as they are a piece of chicken breast, cut into chunks, rolled in Cheez-It Grooves (which are made with real cheese), and baked to perfection.
When I went to Walmart to pick up the Cheez-It crackers for this recipe I was surprised by the huge variety offered. I had no idea there were so many flavors and varieties of Cheez-It! And I can’t decide which are my favorite. But I think I will have to keep testing them out so I can enter the Most Valuable Cheese Contest! Check it out: It runs from Feb-April 2015. Users can vote on their favorite flavors/varieties from six popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000. I know I could use $10,000, how about you?
Anyway, I bought my crackers, crushed them, coated my chicken, and baked it. I love using Cheez-Its because they are dedicated to using only 100% real cheese, which means you get tons of great flavor in every cracker!
Once they finished baking, I got them ready to be our game time appetizer by giving them a fun little something extra—I use a toothpick, and threaded a Cheez-It Crunch’D through it, and then put it in the chicken pieces. And I served them with a roasted poblano cheese sauce! They had crunch, real cheese flavor, and a creamy cheese sauce making for one extra delicious and totally cheesy snack!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Cheez-It Grooves original flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs cream milk, or half and half
- 1 cup Cheez-It Crunch'D
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk cream, milk, or half and half into it with a fork
- In a food processor, crush up the Cheez-It Grooves until they are fine, but not to powder
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then crushed Cheez-It Groves, until well coated
- Place on baking sheet with some space between each piece
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven, use a toothpick to skewer a Cheez-It Crunch'D and then put into each chicken bite!
- Lay box out flat
- Using a straight edge, draw your pendant triangle shape on the box, be sure to leave the one edge flap available to fold over.
- Cut out the triangle.
- Tape a pencil, dowel, or stick inside the crease, and then fold crease over.
- Tape along the edge to help hold pencil in place.
- Cut off the excess from the tab
- Paint, cover with paper, or leave as is for decorating
- Get creative and decorate in your favorite team colors, logos, etc.!
What fun things do you do for game day with your family?
Try these other fun recipes: