Tonight I was just planning on serving leftovers to my family. Then I was talking to my sister, and she wasn’t feeling well, so I offered to take her dinner. The problem was, I have not been grocery shopping in a while, so I had a few odds and ends items, and I was trying to figure out what to take her. This is what I came up with. I think it turned out pretty good. It was a little more time consuming then I like, but I already had cooked brown rice, and some chicken thawed, so with a little planning, most of the items in this can be prepared ahead of time, with other meals, to make this a quick and easy go-to meal.
Chicken, Bacon, Sweet Corn Zucchini Boats
- 4 large zucchini
- 1.5 c cooked brown rice
- 1 chicken breast diced small
- 1/2 lb bacon chopped into small pieces
- 4 ears of corn kernels cut off
- 3/4 c carrots diced
- 3/4 c cauliflower diced
- 1/2 a large onion diced
- 1 T cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3/4 c feta crumbles
- 1/2 c colby jack cheese shredded
- Cut your zucchini in half, and hollow them out.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Add chopped onion
- Saute until onion starts to look translucent.
- Add corn kernels that are cut off the ear, diced carrots, and diced cauliflower.
- Cook on medium-high heat until carrots and cauliflower softens. Add 1/2 Tbs cumin, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stir in rice, turn off heat, and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, add bacon and diced chicken breast, sprinkle 1/2 Tbs cumin on top, and cook.
- Once fully cooked, combine meat with vegetable mixture, stir in feta crumbles.
- Fill hollowed out zucchini boats with mixture.
- Top with colby jack cheese
- Cover with foil
- Bake at 425 for 40 minutes
- Uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Here are a few pictures of the steps:
Start by cooking the vegetables.
Cook the chicken and bacon in a skillet.
Add in the feta.
Bake, serve, and enjoy!