Don’t you just love mini desserts? I do, it makes me feel like I can eat more and get fewer calories. Not true, I know. But let me dream ok?
It is so close to being summer. Only a few months left of school, and it is finally starting to feel nice out. This makes me want those light, fresh, and summery tasting foods! I love cheesecake, and citrus and berries make me taste summer. The combo is magical!
My first go around, I went too light on the lemon, and these did not have nearly enough tartness, but these ones were perfect! I could not get enough. Much like the Greek Yogurt Lemon Cupcakes with the fresh strawberry glaze, these were light and airy, and oh so delicious. Trust me you will want to make them again and again. And I am giving you permission.
These are simple, and just like the Creme de Menthe ones I posted for St. Patrick’s Day, these come together in just 30 minutes, but you do have to wait a couple of hours before you can eat them. Be patient, I know it is hard!
Citrus Berry Cheesecake MinisPrint Pin Rate
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- a pinch of salt
- 7 ounces of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- zest of one tangerine
- zest of half a lemon
- Fresh berries mandarin oranges, or fresh tangerines
- Whipped cream
- Start by taking your graham crackers and use your blender or food processor, or a good old fashioned plastic bag with a mallet to crush up the graham crackers into almost a flour.
- Stir sugar in to the graham crackers, and add melted butter, use a fork to mix it all together, then stir in just a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl cream together the (whipped) cream cheese, ricotta, and sugar.
- Add in egg, and blend with hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Mix in 2 Tbs flour, zest, and lemon juice
- Use a muffin tin, and line with cupcake liners.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of graham cracker crust mixture into the bottom of each liner. Press it down with the back of a spoon. Use more for thicker crust, or less if you want a thin crust on your cheesecake.
- Fill the cup with cheesecake mixture.
- You should have 4 empty muffin slots, fill each of these with 1/4 cup of water, the water will help the cheesecake bake more evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes, until just set in center. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, remove from pan to cooling rack, and let cool an additional 45 minutes.
- Put in fridge for minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and top with fresh berries and tangerines.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I love a nice thick crust on my cheesecake. If you don’t, use a little less graham cracker in the liners. You can use whatever you like! But do yourself a favor and make these tasty treats. It only makes 8, so you can indulge, but don’t have to over-indulge.