If you want a fast, easy, light, fresh, and oh so tasty cupcake/muffin (cuppin?) this is the recipe for you. I was dying to do some baking, but didn’t know what I wanted. This is the result, and it is a big win in my book. And dang easy too! Gotta love that.
Mini is always better too, except when I eat
five seven in one sitting. Not good. But soooo good. I could not help myself. Truly, these little bites of sweetness are that yummy. So don’t make them if you are dieting. They are light, but have a cheesecake like flavor. I can’t even explain. Okay, just make them and thank me!
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cupcakes with fresh strawberry glazePrint Pin Rate
- 1 french vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup grape seed or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tsp lemon juice
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 3 tbs flour
- 4 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 fresh strawberries hulled
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Beat together cake mix, oil, sugar, and plain Greek Yogurt for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat well between each egg (This will make it lighter and fluffier)
- Line mini muffin pan with liners
- Fill cups 3/4 full
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Mix sugar, flour and butter together to create a crumble, then put over cupcakes, bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool
- Smash/blend strawberries and powdered sugar together to create glaze.
Just before serving:
- Top crumble with a spoonful of vanilla Greek yogurt and drizzle glaze over top
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
The crumble is not the prettiest, but it makes a nice crisp, sweet topping that just adds a little something extra. The dimension and flavor, and crunch make this a delightful little treat. It is worth the extra calories. But you could skip it. The flavor of the cupcakes holds up on its own, so don’t feel like it is a must if you are trying to cut back on sugar. But I mean, if you are cutting out sugar you probably shouldn’t make these at all! Am I right?
Lemon and Strawberry are a winning combo, so be sure to try: