Greek Yogurt Lemon Cupcakes With Fresh Strawberries
If you want a fast, easy, light, fresh, and oh so tasty cupcake this is the recipe for you. I was dying to do some baking, but didn’t know what I wanted. This is the result, and it is a big win in my book. And dang easy too! Gotta love that.
Mini is always better too, except when I eat
five seven in one sitting. Not good. But soooo good. I could not help myself. Truly, these little bites of sweetness are that yummy. So don’t make them if you are dieting. They are light, but have a strawberry shortcake like flavor, with lovely hints of lemon. I can’t even explain. Okay, just make them and thank me!
Because I topped them with fresh strawberry glaze, I waited until just before serving to top them, as I didn’t want them to get soggy at all.
Lemon and Strawberry are a winning combo, so be sure to try:
- Strawberry Lemonade Slush
- Lemon Curd and Strawberry Tarts in a Sugar Cookie Cup
- Lemon, Blueberry Acai Shortbread Tarts
- Lemon Glazed Shortbread
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cupcakes with fresh strawberry glaze
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs large
- 10 fresh strawberries hulled
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs Lemon zest
- Beat together cake mix, oil, sugar, and plain Greek Yogurt for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat well between each egg (This will make it lighter and fluffier)
- Line mini muffin pan with liners
- Fill cups 3/4 full
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool
- Smash/blend strawberries, lemon zest, and powdered sugar together to create glaze.
Just before serving:
- Top with the fresh strawberries and serve immediately and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Cupcake board: