This deliciously creamy and cheesy broccoli soup is very easy to prepare at home. Prepared using fresh broccoli, carrot, and cheddar cheese.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Soup board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of fresh warm soup during cold nights.
And when the soup is creamy and cheesy, it’ll be a win-win delicious dinner. Fall nights have started getting cold which makes a perfect environment to devour a warm bowl of soup with some crusty bread. And this Homemade Creamy And Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe qualifies in all aspects. It is really comforting and loaded with deliciousness. Moreover, it is super easy to prepare and comes together in no time.
Even if you are not a fan of broccoli you will still love this soup. All the other tasty ingredients defeat the strong flavor of broccoli in this Homemade Creamy And Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe. You won’t even feel that you are eating a boring broccoli while you can get all the goodness from this superfood.
So the next time when you crave for a comforting creamy soup, keep this cheesy broccoli soup in mind.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
For making this delicious Homemade Creamy And Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe you will need fresh broccoli and carrots. For making the creamy base, lightly toast flour in butter and then whisk some milk in it. Add vegetable broth and bring the mixture to boil. Then add chopped broccoli. I like to use this vegetable chopper because it is so quick and easy but also chops my veggies in a uniform size. The add the grated carrots and cook for some time. Once the veggies are cooked add grated cheddar cheese and some heavy cream. You can use this grater on both the carrots and the cheese, it is so much easier to lean than some graters. Serve warm with some croutons or toasted bread slices for a light lunch/dinner.
- If you are health conscious or watching your weight you can easily make Homemade Creamy And Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe into a healthy soup. Replace butter with healthy oils such as avocado oil or olive oil. And use homemade cashew cream instead of heavy cream.
- For making a dairy-free soup use nut milk instead of regular milk or follow this healthy broccoli soup recipe.
If you want to make your soup more filling and protein-rich then try this Creamy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Soup
More soup recipes you might enjoy:
- Black Bean Boo-dle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
- Classic Ministrone Soup
- Easy Pork Enchilada Soup
Homemade Creamy And Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium head broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium carrots grated
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat butter in a medium pot on low heat.
- Add flour and saute for 2-3 minutes on low heat
- Then gradually add milk in the flour and whisk to combine well.
- Add vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil
- Add chopped broccoli, grated carrot, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for about 15 min.
- Then add grated cheese, heavy cream and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm with some toasted bread or croutons.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your SOUP board on Pinterest:
Barbara Alfeo says
Molly Dunbar says
Tara L Schantz says