Creamy jalapeno chicken cooked to perfection in the slow cooker, and wrapped in a tortilla then baked to achieve perfect crispiness! Your tastebuds will be dancing the salsa.
This year I grew a few things in my garden, and well…not much turned out. A green thumb I do not have! But I did get jalapenos. And thank goodness because the chicken in these creamy jalapeno taquitos was so delightful thanks to the jalapeno flavor!
This recipe is really easy to make, you just have to throw it all in the crock pot and let it cook for a few hours, add in some cheese, then roll into flour tortillas and bake. Yum! Perfect for football parties, or just because. And my favorite part is you can freeze it to use later. Whenever I am cooking these in the slow cooker I double the batch and freeze half so I have some to quickly grab and make (from frozen) at a later time! So great!
Creamy Jalapeno Taquitos
- 20 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 jalapeno deseeded
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 brick of cream cheese 8 ounces
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1/2 Tbs cumin
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- Put all "Sauce" ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Put chicken in a slow cooker and pour sauce over top
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours until chicken is cooked through
- Dump all slow cooker contents into a mixer with paddle attachment and turn on medium speed to shred (should take about 20-30 seconds)
- Heat remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds
- Stir cream cheese, chicken and sauce mixture, and shredded cheese together
- Put about 2 Tbs of mixture on a small flour tortilla, leave about a half inch on either end so the mixture does not seep out when cooking, and roll up tight
- Place seam down on a sprayed cookie sheet, and do this until you have all the tortillas filled
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray tops of taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tortilla edges start to turn golden brown.
- Enjoy with favorite dipping sauce or guacamole
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Or try these Salsa and Cheddar Beef Taquitos!