If you want a simple, and delicious recipe for deviled eggs, this one is great. It does not have any flash and bang, but you can kick it up with sriracha, or pickle relish, or just enjoy it the way it is.
- 6 whole large eggs hard boiled then peeled
- 1/4 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Chives for garnish
- Halve eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise and mustard. Add garlic salt and pepper, adjust according to taste.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture.
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, garnish with chives if desired.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I have found the best way to get the right consistency with the yolk is by doing the following:
Put your eggs in a pan of water and start heating it.
When it comes to a boil, cover it, and turn the heat off. Let sit 10 minutes.
Or just buy a device specifically made for hard boiling eggs: