Freezer Friendly Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls- Make ahead lunches or a delicious dinner, these chicken and rice bowls use a homemade teriyaki sauce, tender chicken, and a frozen veggie mix for a quick, easy, and delicious meal the whole family will love.
Easy Steps for Freezer Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls:
- Mix your teriyaki sauce together. If you want to make this even easier, and cut out a step, then feel free to use a bottled teriyaki. I personally prefer the homemade, but when I am in a hurry, bottled works too!
- Get your freezer safe bowls ready. Choose the size based on the portion size you want. Since these are mostly going to be used as my lunches when my kids are back in school I went with a small-ish bowl. I love these ones from Amazon, they are freezer friendly, and perfect for the husband’s lunch.
- Add your rice and top with a little bit of the reserved sauce.
- Add in your vegetables of choice. I went with a “Steamables” since I intend to heat these in the microwave when I am ready to eat them. Choose whatever types of vegetables you will eat. I love the ones with all the veggies, but if you hate summer squash and asparagus, select a different variety.
- As you can see, I put the veggies in still frozen. I was just going to freeze them again in a few minutes, so why bother cooking them first? This helps preserve a little flavor too.
- Add the chicken you cooked in the teriyaki sauce.
- Put additional sauce over the whole thing, cover with lids, label, and freeze.
MY LATEST RECIPES
Pin to your Meal Planning board: