This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Leaf® Tea at Walmart.
Garlic Butter Shrimp: A sautéed shrimp cooked in a garlic butter sauce, making a simple, elegant meal. Great for summer entertaining!
Summer entertaining just got better with a big platter of sautéed garlic butter shrimp. I mean, who doesn’t love buttered shrimp? This delicious shrimp is cooked in a simple garlic butter sauce made with lemon juice and white cooking wine. They are cooked until just pinked through, and topped with fresh parsley and lemon slices. This fresh, flavorful, main dish is delectable, easy, and a great for al fresco dining.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Seafood pinboard!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest
This Garlic Butter Shrimp, is not only tasty, it is quick and simple to make. In under 15 minutes you can have a pan full of delicious shrimp ready to serve to your hungry guests. And serving shrimp with garlic sauce is a total win! There is just something perfect about the flavor of shrimp with butter and garlic. I have been eating it this way my whole life, and will never stop!
How to cook shrimp
It is easy to over-cook shrimp if you are not careful. When properly cooked, your shirmp will have a pink exterior. The flesh should still be slightly opaque, and a little white in color. And, they should not be rolling in on themselves too much. If the tails start to curl in a bunch, or the flesh gets too white, they may be overcooked.
The good news is, even slightly overcooked shrimp is delicious.
Tip: When cooking shrimp it is wise to have your sauce ingredients already measured out and ready to go so you do not accidentally overcook the shrimp while preparing the other elements of the dish. Shrimp cook quickly, which is why they are so great for summer entertaining. You can start them when your guests arrive, and no one will have to wait long to eat.
I prefer to saute my shrimp, or grill them. For this recipe, you saute because it is the quickest, and easiest way to make a lot in little time.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Serving Suggestions
- Main or Appetizer: While I personally love this garlicky buttered shrimp as a main dish served with some rice pilaf and a big old salad, it also makes an excellent party appetizer. Serve with toothpicks! A large platter of this shrimp always goes over well with a crowd.
- Paired perfectly with Pure Leaf Sweet Iced Tea. – Sweet tea always makes me think of country songs and summer nights. Sweet tea and summer just go hand in hand, especially when paired with plump, succulent shrimp. But of course, only if you use a really good, premium sweet tea. I love Pure Leaf Iced Tea because it tastes so fresh! I just buy a big bottle from Walmart, and pull it out when I am entertaining. It is smooth, and delicious, great for summer entertaining. The perfect pairing, and no work for me!
- Serve with green salad, rice pilaf, and watermelon for a complete meal that is both simple and flavorful. Enticing your guests to sit and enjoy themselves is easy with Garlic Butter Shrimp and Pure Leaf Sweet Iced Tea.
Other Great Summer Entertaining Recipes
- Mango Black Tea Lemonade
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs white cooking wine
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, and add to pan with butter.
- Cook until starting to turn pink, then add cooking wine, and flip and cook other side until pink (about 2 minutes per side).
- Once pink on both sides, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Take off heat. Taste, and adjust seasoning to preference.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
- Pairs perfectly with Pure Leaf® Sweet Iced Tea!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Summer Entertaining board on Pinterest:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Leaf® Iced Tea at Walmart.