Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies: Greek chicken and veggies sheet pan meal!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies is a vibrant one pan meal that will leave you feeling fully satisfied. Loaded with nutrition and flavor, Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies is easy to make and offers a complete meal all in one pan.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies is a well-rounded tasty meal. Impress guests or your family with this one pan treasure. Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies requires minimal effort, producing a dish packed with healthy goodness.
The flavors, the colors, the ease! You are going to love this and it will end up in your regular rotation because who can say no to fresh flavors and ease?
Why Make Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies?
- Easy to Make
- Loaded with Veggies and Protein
- All in One Pan Meal
I love to cook! I hate to clean! The End.
There is nothing worse then after eating a scrumptious meal, looking over your shoulder to see your sink piled high with pots and pans that need to be hand washed.
No worries, your kids will surely get up from the table and without being asked multiple times will happily rush to clean all the dishes. Yeah right. In a perfect world that would happen.
However, the reality is with homework and extra curricular activities, I get stuck with kitchen duty more times then I would like to admit.
So with that said, it is really nice when you can make a dish that is a well-rounded meal without requiring a separate pot or pan for the side and protein, etc.
That is just one of the many things I love about this dish. It can be done in one pan right in the oven.
Simplicity at its finest.
Plus, despite the simplicity of this dish, there are so many vegetables, providing so much flavor and color to your plate.
What is in Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Breast with Veggies?
Where to begin? There are so many healthy favorites.
- Tender Greek Chicken- This is an amazing chicken that is either marinated with a Greek chicken marinade that is everything you want from a Greek chicken dish. Or for a quick and easy version, you can simply season the chicken with a Greek seasoning blend.
- Amazing vegetables: Tomatoes, Onions, Zucchini, Squash, and Bell Peppers! And they are also seasoned with Greek seasoning.
Great seasonings and marinade accentuate all the great elements of this dish.
Are Sheet Pan Dinners Healthy?
They definitely can be. Baking versus frying is a much healthier option and if you don’t hurt all the healthy with a creamy fattening sauce, then you can have a generally healthier meal.
My Sheet Pan Greek Chicken with Veggies is definitely a healthier dinner option. It is baked not fried and it does not contain a heavy sauce.
Plus, it has a healthy source of protein with fresh veggies. Win, win.
Why is Baking Better than Frying?
Put simply and In a nutshell, baking is better than frying for a couple of reasons.
- Less or no oil is used in baking. Oil can be fattening.
- Deep frying can be bad for the heart, kidney, and lungs.
I always like to broil for a few minutes at the end of baking so you can get a nice caramelization on the chicken and the vegetables. If you simply turn on the broiler for 5-8 minutes you get that nice golden finish and extra flavor.
What Goes Great with Sheet Pan Chicken Breast with Veggies?
Sheet Pan Chicken Breast with Veggies is a fabulous one pan, complete meal. No additional sides needed and a great meal for family and friends.
Although Sheet Pan Chicken Breast with Veggies does not need any additional sides, that does not mean that the meal would not go great with a great dessert.
Both desserts are fantastic!
Greek Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts approx 2 chicken breast halves
- 3 sweet bell peppers red orange or yellow, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbs greek seasoning blend
- 3 Tbs Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place chicken between plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound chicken to even thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and 1 tsp of greek seasoning blend
- Chop all vegetables into even sized pieces, and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss all of the vegetables in olive oil and remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Broil 5-8 to brown the chicken
Pin to your chicken board on Pinterest: