This Grilled Pork Power Bowl recipe is sponsored by Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork, all opinions are my own.
Grilled Pork Power Bowls, delicious bowls packed with flavor, boasting grilled veggies, fresh avocado and tomatoes, wild rice, and Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork grilled to perfection.
Rice bowls, or power bowls, aka bowls chock full of vegetables, rice, and a delicious protein are my current obsession, and I am crushing hard on this Grilled Pork Power Bowl. Not only does it look and taste amazing, but it is seriously easy to make, and the perfect meal for summer grilling. This is my new go-to for delicious lunch or dinner I can feel good about, and that can be thrown together in under 30 minutes!
Pork Bowl Recipe
Summer is finally here, the kids are out of school, and while some parts of life have really slowed down, other parts are as chaotic as ever. I don’t know if the chaos will ever truly go away, but I do know that when I find simple hacks or tricks to help manage that chaos better, I am a whole lot happier. Especially at dinner time.
One of those hacks is finding 30 minute meal ideas that fit the following criteria:
- Taste great! Hands down, the food I eat needs to taste good. I don’t care how quick or easy something is if it doesn’t taste good, I don’t want it.
- Offers wholesome variety and choice. I am a mom of 4 kids, which means I learned early that if I want my kids to eat wholesome foods, they needed to have some say in the matter. Offering variety and choice is one of the best ways I manage this. I love meals like these Carnitas Tacos where the family gets to assemble their own, and customize to their preference.
- Low mess: When I think 30 minute meals, I think 30 minutes including clean up time.
These Grilled Pork Bowls check all the boxes and more.
- 30 Minutes or Less to Make — Check!
- Tastes amazing — Check!
- Can be customized with lots of wholesome options — Check!
- Doesn’t destroy my kitchen — Check!
Grilled Pork Bowl Ingredients
For this recipe I really let the ingredients shine and speak for themselves. I don’t cover up their natural flavors with sauces and seasonings, rather the veggies are grilled with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, and taste fresh and fantastic. I use a variety with different textures and flavors to add some dimension and excitement to the bowl. You have sweet corn, earth mushrooms, crisp asparagus, delicious ribbons of zucchini, and rich roasted red peppers. They are the perfect compliment to wild rice, and a well seasoned pork loin, which gets to be the star of the bowl.
I used a Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet, which I sliced into medallions before grilling to make it extremely quick. When sliced thin, they cook on a well heated grill in just 3-5 minutes.
I love using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork because it is a hassle free option that is perfectly seasoned, and pre-marinated. I don’t have to think ahead or whip up a seasoning rub or marinade during the witching hour, or while I should be running kids here and there. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is packed with mouthwatering flavors, none of which are artificial. And because all the hard work is done for you, you get to have a depth of flavor only achieved through marinating, while still getting lunch or dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
For this recipe I used the Slow Smoked Mesquite, but Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is available in an assortment of mouthwatering flavors, such as Roasted Garlic & Herb, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Slow Smoked Mesquite, and Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie.
Grilled Pork Bowl Tips
- Don’t let this intimidate you, washing and chopping the veggies for these bowls will take less than 10 minutes, especially if you have a mandolin slicer to help make the zucchini into ribbons. I buy pre-sliced mushrooms, which means I am really only slicing the zucchini and peppers. The asparagus only needs the ends snipped off, and the corn you grill whole and slice off the cob after. As for the pork, all the work is already done for you, with the meat slow-marinated and perfectly seasoned. All you have to do is slice and grill.
- Let everyone assemble their own. While I love my grilled pork bowls with all of the toppings, the beautiful thing is you can make one big platter of everything, and let those eating assemble as they prefer. I have found when I do this my kids tend to eat so much better. There is just something about having choice in the matter that empowers them. It also means less work for you and less waste.
- Enjoy the fact that this is prepared on the grill, which means very little clean up for you. Almost no dishes beyond cutting board and knives!
Hero of the Grill Contest:
Smithfield wants to celebrate grilling heroes and inspire everyone to get grilling all summer long with their “Hero of the Grill” contest. And you can join in the fun:
- Submit your nominee and give your grilling hero a chance to win $5,000.
- Plus, the first 10,000 nominees will have the chance to have their name featured on Aric Almirola’s #10 Ford at the Richmond race this September.
- For more information, recipe inspiration, and full contest details, visit www.SmithfieldGetGrilling.com.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products are available at Walmart and select grocery stores/retailers nationwide. For more product information and recipe inspiration, visit www.Smithfield.com.