This veggie and potato loaded breakfast casserole is a real winner. It not only tastes great, but is packed with good for you foods.
Who doesn’t want to start their day with a filling, energy providing breakfast? This mom was thrilled to give this to her kids! Let me tell you. And more thrilled when they gobbled it up.
Homerun Breakfast Casserole
- 18 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups frozen tater tots
- 12 pieces of turkey bacon cooked, and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup mini sweet peppers chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced thin
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Turn oven on to 350
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, layer the bottom with frozen tater tots
- Stick in oven for a few minutes while you chop the veggies, just to crisp up the edges a bit and get the tater tots defrosting.
- Take eggs, half and half, and salt and using a fork, whisk it together.
- Chop up all veggies, and stir into egg mixture.
- Add cheese and bacon crumbles and give it another stir.
- Remove tater tots from oven, and pour egg mixture over top of them
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. Near the end, feel free to add more cheese to the top and let melt!
- Serve warm
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Lauren Marlene Hewitt says