This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Pizza Egg Rolls
Pepperoni and Veggies Egg Rolls are stuffed with all the pepperoni, cheesy, goodness of pizza in a fun, convenient little package. They are ideal appetizers for family gatherings, or a kid-approved meal!
If you have picky eaters, you may find yourself in a food rut. I have a son who only ever wants oatmeal, treats, and foods like chicken nuggets, pizza, and mac and cheese. You know, the “birthday party foods” diet.
Everything I have ever read says to expose them to more food options, and they will eventually get over their picky eating habits. Uh…we are still waiting for eventually, so I while I serve him tons of different foods, and try the “hide the healthy” approach with veggie packed smoothies and sauces, I am also having to make the classic foods he likes in new ways. I try creating different ways to serve the same things so we don’t all go crazy.
I may, or may not, have a little obsession with egg rolls. So I have been experimenting a little bit, and guess what? I discovered an amazing way to fill egg roll wrappers.
With Hormel Pepperoni, olives, fresh mozzarella, and sautéed veggies like onions, mushrooms, and green peppers!
Basically I am using some of our favorite ingredients like the tasty, flavorful Hormel Pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella cheese, and lots of sautéed veggies. Then wrapping them in a pre-made egg roll wrapper (so eazy-peazy)
I highly recommend you make them.
Hormel Pepperoni and Veggie Egg Rolls
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 50 Hormel original pepperoni
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mushroom diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella bites
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce or marinara
- water to seal egg rolls
- oil for frying or bake
- In a medium size pan, sauté mushrooms, onions, and green peppers in olive oil until tender (3-5 minutes over medium-high heat).
- Put egg roll wrapper on cutting board, line up 5 pepperoni on a diagonal, put a dollop of pizza sauce over the pepperoni, about a tablespoon of sautéed vegetables, some sliced olives, and 3-4 bite sized pieces of mozzarella
- Roll eggroll and use a touch of water to help seal the wrapper (Instructions for rolling can be found on the packaging of most pre-made wrappers)
- Fry in oil heated to 375 degrees for 2-3 minutes or bake by brushing with a little olive oil then bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Doesn’t this just look so yummy?
You can head to the Hormel Facebook page to find even more great recipes using pepperoni.