Hot Chocolate Truffles
If you are a chocolate lover, you do not want to miss this recipe! First let me say that it is like heaven in my mouth. These are supposed to be made to put in a mug of milk and make into hot chocolate. Sure, you could use them for that…OR, you could eat them plain. I can’t help myself. The rich, fudgey goodness is calling to me.
And, with keeping with my motto, these are soooo easy to make. I whipped up this batch a few minutes before running out the door to get my kids from school. Threw them in the fridge, then formed the balls when I got home. Eazy peazy!
As you can see, I wanted a variety as I thought they were so cute, so I rolled in crushed candy canes which I used my food processor to crush, a few different sprinkles, and cinnamon. I think I will be giving these to the school teachers, what do you think?
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips NOT MILK CHOCOLATE
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 Tbs favorite hot chocolate mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed candy cane sprinkles, cinnamon, and other goodies for rolling them in
- Put your chocolate chips, cream, sugar, hot chocolate mix, and vanilla in a pot, and melt together. You will want to stir constantly.
- Once melted, move pan to fridge and let cool enough to scoop out a stiff ball. (About an hour or so)
- Make scoops, about 1 heaping tablespoon, and put on freezer paper on baking sheet
- Stick in freezer for 20 minutes or so to harden a little further (You may be able to skip this step if you refrigerated for a longer time)
- Roll into balls
- Roll in your choice of goodies: candy canes crushed up, sprinkles, cinnamon, marshmallows, m&m's, etc.
- Cover and chill until ready to eat/use
- Stir into a mug of hot milk or eat plain!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.