Because everyone should have a recipe for homemade hot fudge. Because this recipe is ridiculously easy. Because I love ice cream sundaes. Those are just a few of the reasons I am posting this. Also because it is 11:41 at night and I just want a treat. I ate those delicious Roasted Veggie Enchiladas for dinner, and chose healthy snacks today, drank tons of water, so of course I want a treat tonight.
Our church held a dessert auction this week to help the girls pay for camp. I unfortunately, could not attend, but I offered to donate a few dessert items to help. I made caramel popcorn and an ice cream sundae gift basket. I filled it with cute sundae cups, all sorts of toppings, whipped cream, and a jar of my homemade fudge sauce. The recipe is so easy it is almost embarrassing, but easy is what we are all about here. It literally takes no more than 5 minutes to throw together and is good on, well EVERYTHING. But brownies, ice cream, fresh strawberries, you name it! Enjoy!
Hot Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Stir brown sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add unsalted butter and heavy whipping cream together, and bring to a soft boil.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in brown sugar and cocoa powder mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and salt.
- Whisk, and let sit a minute to thicken.
This hot fudge sauce will keep up to a week in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
june umlah says