Instant Pot Korean Beef: Sweet and spicy, this deliciously flavorful Korean Beef is cooked in an Instant Pot pressure cooker with fluffy rice for a truly Eazy Peazy meal.
This Instant Pot Korean Beef is one of my favorite things I have made in the pressure cooker thus far. It was super simple to make, has a ton flavor, and I loved being able to cook the rice and the beef at the same time.
Instant Pot Korean Beef
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Instant Pot pinboard!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest
If you do not have an Instant Pot yet, it is time to get one! This meal was cooked in a 6 QT pot, which you can find on Amazon for around $100.
This Korean Ground Beef is as good, if not better than what you are going to get at a restaurant, but it comes in an easy to make, kid friendly, and budget friendly version here.
If you haven’t noticed by my recent influx if instant pot recipes, I am a little obsessed with pressure cooker cooking. I have read a lot about it, and how to use it properly, and have tested and tested and tested, to come up with some of the most flavorful, easy, and delicious meals possible.
One of the things I truly love about this method of cooking is how you can cook a complete dinner all together at the same time in the one pressure cooker. I used the pot in pot method, and the trivet the pressure cooker came with to cook my rice at the same time I cooked the beef. It was quick, simple, and turned out perfectly.
I use a 6 inch x 3 inch Wilton cake pan I picked up at Walmart, but you can buy inserts. Here is the pan I use from Amazon.
Did I mention it only takes 4 minutes of pressure to cook rice in the instant pot? So while the Korean beef cooked through, and those awesome sweet and spicy flavors melded together, my rice cooked and became awesome and fluffy! And I did not have to watch it at all. I just set the time, walked away, and the pot beeped at me when it was done. If that isn’t Eazy Peazy then I do not know what is.
And I have been slightly obsessed with the flavors of this Korean Beef. It is sweet and just a tiny spicy, not so much that my kids didn’t want to devour it, but enough to add just that little depth of flavor I was looking for.
Tips for making Instant Pot Korean Beef
- Use a low fat beef option, or drain your beef after browning. Draining the fat will help it be more flavorful.
- Use dark brown sugar. The recipe calls for it, and trust me it makes that beef all the more flavorful. But in a pinch, regular brown sugar will do.
- Use the pot in pot method to cook your rice, I used this pot, and fluff the rice with a fork after removing. Do not skip the butter, it makes it fluffy and delicious.
- If you don’t want to use ginger paste, or can’t find it (look near the produce section, it comes in a tube by the fresh herbs), you can sub equal parts fresh minced ginger, or half the amount in dried ginger.
Other EZPZ Instant Pot recipes you will LOVE:
Instant Pot Korean Beef
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Lbs ground beef 80/20 lean or leaner
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbs ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 Tbs mirin or rice wine
- 1 cup rice rinsed well
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 cups water
- Green onion
- Sesame seeds
- Turn instant pot to saute mode.
- Add olive oil to the bottom and ground beef
- Brown the ground beef, add the minced garlic, and stir.
- Once browned, add all sauce ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add a trivet to the pot, and a 6 Inch pot on top of the trivet.
- Add the rinsed rice, the butter, and water
- Put the lid on, and lock it into place.
- Set valve to sealing.
- Use the manual setting to set to 4 minutes.
- Let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release
- Remove rice and fluff with a fork
- Serve by adding rice, Korean Beef, and garnish with green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Instant Pot or Dinner board: