Is it breakfast? Is it dessert? Who knows and who cares…this lemon crepe cake is the most delicious thing ever. Lightly lemon flavored crepes, thick and creamy lemon filling, and tons of fresh fruit for a light, summery, and even sort of healthy crepe cake!!!
So we have had a super mild winter…super mild, which I have loved. I don’t really ski, so I am not all that sad we don’t have snow. So I have been happily soaking up my Vitamin D, and pretending it is Spring instead of Winter. And then all of the sudden, we get snow. Lots of it.
So to help me lift my mood, I turned to lemon! Lemon is not just a great disinfectant. It is also an aromatic, which can lift mood, which is why people often say things like, “It smells like (or tastes like) summer, sunshine, happiness” when referencing lemon! Plus it tastes awesome. It might just be my favorite flavor.
Speaking of flavor…you do not want to miss the bright, fresh, bold flavors of this lemon crepe cake! Lightly lemon flavored crepes, sandwiched between layers of bold lemon cream cheese filling, and topped with fresh fruits! I mean, how can you go wrong? Am I right?
And then you get the benefits of the lemon juice for things like helping clean out body toxins, supplying you with vitamins and minerals, and mood enhancement, skin purification, and antioxidant properties.
Lemon Crepe Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 TBs lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Lemon Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 lb strawberries cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Kiwis cut into bite sized pieces
- Put crepe ingredients in a bowl, and using a whisk, mix it all together
- Preheat a 6-8 inch skillet
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe batter into heated skillet, and swirl around to cover the entire bottom
- When edges look dry, flip crepe, let cook about 10 seconds, and remove from the pan.
- Mix the filling ingredients together
- Layer a crepe, and a tbs of filling, spread across crepe, and continue layering until your crepe cake is as high as you want.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours
- Top with cut strawberries and kiwis and serve
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Love crepe cakes? Check out this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Crepe Cake!