I love lemon curd. Love it. Love it. Love it. It is basically just lemon, sugar, and eggs cooked until thick. But there is something magical about the creamy goodness it becomes. Of course, I love lemon. So… there is that.
If you missed my lemon shortbread cookies then you are really missing out, and I totally think you need to make them today. But these little beauties are just as good. And almost as easy, though there are a few additional steps.
So, obviously I love lemon, but then throw in sugar cookies and strawberries… win! We had these as part of our Easter celebration, but they would be good for any night of the week, a brunch, or a special occasion.
Lemon Curd and Strawberry Tart With A Sugar Cookie Cup
Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup room temp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
- A sprinkle of salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb strawberries diced small
- 1 Tbs sugar if needed
- Lemon zest
Sugar Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a miniature muffin tin
- Cream sugar and butter together, then beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Roll dough into balls (about 18)
- Press into the muffin tin, use your thumb or a spoon to press the center so the dough goes up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are slightly brown.
- Remove and using a spoon, press the centers down to form a cavity.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove by twisting cups out of tin.
- Mix eggs, lemon juice, and sugar together in glass bowl
- Cook over a water bath, whisking constantly until it thickens and gets creamy (About 10 minutes)
- Transfer to new bowl, and cool in fridge
- Cut into small pieces, stir with sugar if strawberries are not sweet enough by themselves, shred in some zest, and stir it all together.
- Set aside
- When the lemon curd is cool, and the cookie cups are cook, put a scoop of lemon curd into the cookie cup, then top with strawberries, and serve chilled.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
If you want to simplify things, go ahead and just buy some sugar cookie dough that is premade and use that for the cups.
These are best if the lemon curd is made in advance so it can be cooled and perfectly thick. The cookie cups are great too made in advance. The only thing you really want to do right before serving is strawberries. Which means that these are a great treat for when you want something fast, but don’t want to make it all right before serving. You know? Like on Thanksgiving, when the ovens are all in use, and you want fresh and good, but can’t whip it up right before. No need with these.
If you want to add some extra lemon-strawberry goodness, consider making this perfect Strawberry Lemonade Slush!
Anyway, enjoy! Share if you don’t mind. And give me some love.
Healing Tomato says
Serene @ House of Yumm says
Ashley @ 3 Little Greenwoods says