A great no cook option for hot summer days, this honey lime bean salsa chicken pita fits the bill for flavor and ease!
Do you guys remember the Honey Lime Vinaigrette Bean Salsa I shared last week? Well I loved eating it so much I started eating it with a spoon, so I decided it was time to make it into something even more! A pita! The perfection for hot days because it requires NO cooking at all.
Because I wanted to keep this “no-cook” I opted to use a can of Premium Chicken Breast Chunk that I picked up at Costco. But you could also use the grilled chicken slices you can pick up in the deli or refrigerator section of the grocery store.
Honey Lime Bean Salsa Chicken PitaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 package Greek Pita Flatbread
- 1 recipe Bean Salsa with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 head romaine washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1- 12.5 ounce can premium chicken breast chunk or 1 cup pre-grilled chicken slices
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make Bean Salsa according to directions
- Mix the dressing together
- Wash and dry lettuce, and toss with 3/4 of the dressing
- Shred or chunk chicken, and toss with remaining dressing
- Assemble pitas with lettuce, chicken, and a generous helping of bean salsa
- Top with feta
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
This is also very portable. So it makes a great option for picnics. Just assemble on site so the pita doesn’t get soggy.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!