Edible Turkey Place Card Holders: These OREO cookie truffles are made into turkeys, and hold your place cards for your Thanksgiving table. Chocolate + Purpose = Perfection!
Make your Thanksgiving table scape fun and festive (and edible) with these OREO cookie ball turkey truffle place card holders!
All day I have been indulging in these delicious OREO cookie balls! To help me gain some self-control, I decided to make them the place card holders for our Thanksgiving table. That way I couldn’t eat them until Thanksgiving, when it is okay if I over-indulge. Smart thinking…right? And didn’t they turn out cute?
OREO is America’s favorite cookie, and for good reason. So when you crush them up, and roll them up with other delicious ingredients, then make them the cutest things ever, it is hard not to eat
a million a couple!
My kids went crazy for making these cute place card holders, almost as much fun as I had eating them. Not only are they darling, but they also make a fantastic holiday activity to do with your kids. With only 3 main ingredients, this recipe is an easy and fun way to get kids in the kitchen. Or your husband.
My mom started making these a few years back, and now my kids beg her to come over and make them every year. My kitchen gets covered in chocolate, and I over-indulge on OREO’s and everyone is happy!
How To Make Turkey Truffle Place Card Holders:
- Crush up those OREOS and cream cheese in a food processors, and then form them into balls and put them in the freezer for 10 minutes so they will set up. You can reshape them after they are a little harder so they stay in a better ball shape.
- Take them out of the freezer and dip them in melted chocolate.
- Set them on a peanut butter cup (keeps them from sticking to the pan)
- Embellish them as you see fit! Add a face, beak, snood (do you know what a snood is? it is the red thing that hangs down from the beak. Not to be confused with the waddle, which is what hangs below the chin).
- Then you just make a place card (I used paper and toothpicks), and insert them into the OREO cookie ball! Enjoy!
- If you don’t want to make them into turkeys, you could always go for acorns, cornucopia, pumpkins, or something else cute. Check out this post where I do the same basic thing with brownies instead of OREO truffles. You can also mix up the flavor you use, or add in a baking oil or emulsion to add a burst of flavor. There are lots of fun possibilities, so let your creative side shine!!
OREO Cookie Ball Turkey Place Card Holders
- 1 pkg 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 12-16 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- Candy Corn for feathers
- Milk Duds for head
- Candy eyes
- Red sprinkles for the Snood
- A peanut butter cup to sit it all on.
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 24 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate, & set on top of a peanut butter cup
- While chocolate is wet, add your candies to look like feathers, a head, eyes, etc. If needed, dip the candies into extra melted chocolate to get it to stick.
- Place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Stick place cards in, and use on your Thanksgiving table.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your THANKSGIVING board on Pinterest:
Yvonne [Tried and Tasty] says
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
Mary Ellen says
The Foodie Affair says
Erica Schwarz says
[email protected] Tastes Good says
Renee's Kitchen Adventures says