Homemade Spaghetti Sauce: This spaghetti sauce has a robust flavor, is easy to make, uses easy to find ingredients, and is absolutely delicious.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Pasta, Italian, or Sauces board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This spaghetti sauce is one of my favorite things to make. It can be easily frozen, or canned to use later. I love making a big batch of it at the start of the month, then using it through the month. Prepping ahead saves me time on busy days, and this one is perfect because it can be used in recipes like:
Or you can use it as spaghetti sauce, and eat it with your favorite noodles or zoodles.
MY LATEST RECIPES
How do you make homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch?
- Start with great ingredients: Canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and spices.
- Let it all simmer! The key to a great spaghetti sauce is giving it time to let those flavors really meld together. Thus, the simmer time, which also reduces the sauce and helps it thicken, is key to amazing flavor and consistency.
What can you put in your homemade spaghetti sauce?
One of the things I absolutely love about this recipe is it is so easy to customize. Want ground meat in your sauce? Add some. Want vegetables? Add some. Want a little extra garlic flavor? This sauce is a fantastic base to add whatever makes you happy. Here are a few suggestions:
- Italian sausage, brown ground sausage, drain the fat, and add it to your homemade spaghetti sauce.
- Carrots and zucchini. Add them when you add the onions, dice them small, or use a grater to grate them. They add amazing flavor.
- Mushrooms! I love adding mushrooms to my sauce. Great when added at the same time as the onions.
- Whatever you like in your sauce.
What spices do you use in Homemade Spaghetti Sauce?
- Usually you use the regular line up of Italian seasonings. For this recipe, I love adding a few extras in.
- The reality is, this is your sauce, so what spices do you like? Start with my suggestions in the recipe card below, and add or subtract to your preference. I like a lot of spices in my sauce, but if you want less spices feel free to cut down the amounts.
What vegetables can you put in your homemade spaghetti sauce?
I don’t put anything other than garlic and onion in for the sauce if I am making it to can or freeze. But when I whip up a dinner with it I will often add carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms. That is my favorite combination. But the nice thing about this sauce is it is super versatile, so add or subtract what you like in your spaghetti sauce. That might be ground beef or sausage (obviously these are not vegetables). It might be eggplant. What do you prefer?
Choose Highest Quality Ingredients
- Red Pack Tomatoes are rated the #1 canned tomato by Epicurious, even over San Marzano and Cento Organic tomatoes.
- Cold-Pressed, Colavita Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is an exceptional Italian olive oil.
- When it comes to garlic, nothing beats fresh garlic; don’t go for the minced garlic in the jar. Go fresh!
- For that pinch of salt, you’ve got to try Sherpa Himalayan Pink Salt,
- Choose your fresh vegetable fresh, the day you are making your sauce. Choose the best that are available.
Pin to your Dinner board on Pinterest: