If you are looking for something fast, easy, and that packs a flavor punch look no further! This is really tasty and takes only a few minutes to come together. What I love best about it is that it is freezer friendly. In other words, you can make the marinade, chop the chicken and peppers, throw it all in one bag and freeze. Then on the day you want it, pop it out of the freezer and cook it up, eazy peazy!
I love sweet mini peppers, and I love sriracha, and I am always looking for a great way to combine my favorites. Do you use sriracha? It is a Thai (?) hot sauce that has a lot of flavor. I love it in this Snap Pea and Shrimp Stir Fry, there is just something about it that mixes well with a little sweetness. I have been trying to avoid processed sugars (hahahaha), so I decided to make this with pineapple juice for the sweetener. Yummy! It is like a sweet and sour, but instead it is a sweet and spicy that takes boring chicken breast and makes it feel exotic. Let’s just call this sauce the little black dress for chicken! Delicious.
Is your mouth watering yet? I guess I better get the recipe to you then huh? …
Pineapple Sriracha Chicken Stir-FryPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs sriracha
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-6 sweet mini peppers
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- Put your pineapple juice, vegetable oil, sriracha and salt into a saucepan and boil it down a little by bringing it to a boil, stir while it boils for about 2 minutes.
- Pour over chopped up chicken and let marinade for 10 minutes.
- While marinating, cut up vegetables and start rice (if not already cooked)
- Put marinated chicken, with sauce, sweet mini peppers, and pineapple into a saute pan and cook 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Serve over cooked rice or qunioa.
I served this over white rice, but it is also good over brown rice or quinoa. I am sure it would also be great with other vegetables thrown in! Have fun.