Savory bacon, chive, and cheddar cheese ricotta pancakes. These pancakes make a great savory start to the day!
Savory Bacon, Cheddar, Chive Ricotta Pancakes Brinner
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your BREAKFAST or BRINNER board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm, all opinions are 100% my own.
I was looking at my site and realized I had a sad lack of bacon recipes on here. I love bacon, pretty sure I am not alone there. And my favorite bacon is Jones Dairy Farm. You guys already know I love all of their breakfast meats, and their Canadian Bacon is YUMMY! You may remember the breakfast stuffed french bread I shared last month. Well, I loved so much making that, and having a great savory breakfast option I decided to make a savory pancake!
Ricotta pancakes are delicious, they are thick, cheesy, and offer a fresh twist on a classic favorite. They take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes, and you want to really stick to that longer cooking time, as if you don’t cook long enough, the center will be gooey, and feel undercooked. Then you will not enjoy it at all.
I topped mine with sour cream and chives, but my kids still put syrup on it. Which I get since bacon and syrup is pretty good. But I am sticking with the sour cream or plain for now!
Check out this video to see how easy they are to make!
These pancakes make a great brinner option too. Check out the Jones Dairy Farm website for more brinner ideas, as well as these:
Savory Bacon, Chive, and Cheese Ricotta Pancakes
- 13/4 cups ricotta cheese whole milk, part-skim, your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbs dry chives
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/3 cup cooked Jones Dairy Farm bacon chopped into bits
- 2/3 cup flour
- Cook Jones Dairy Farm bacon until crispy, and chop into small pieces
- Whisk together ricotta and eggs
- Add flour, whisking until just combined.
- Fold in cheese, bacon bits, and chives
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees
- Cook on heated non-stick griddle, using cooking spray
- Spoon a fourth cup of batter per pancake
- Cook for 4 minutes per side (shorter if griddle is on higher heat)
- Serve warm with sour cream
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.