Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels sprouts and Chicken- Tender chicken, perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts, all cooked on a single sheet pan!
Roasted Brussel sprouts may or may not be one of my favorite vegetables to roast. And when you can add them to a sheet pan with chicken and a few spices, and roast it all together to make a complete meal with very little hassle, well…that my friends is dinner perfection. You get juicy, tender chicken, and crispy delicious Brussels sprouts, with low mess!
Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels sprouts and Chicken
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Sheet Pan Dinners pinboard!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest
I may fall in the minority here, but I am a HUGE fan of Brussels sprouts. Yes, you read that right. I can’t understand why people hate them so much. They are rich in so many nutrients like folate, manganese, vitamin B6, and more. It is a great source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Basically it is the best. And if cooked properly Brussel sprouts tastes amazing too.
They are a cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, cabbage and collard greens, and have many health benefits such as reducing your risk for cancer and heart disease. However, if you don’t like how they taste, and therefore don’t eat them, they can’t actually give you those health benefits.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if that is how it worked? You could look at the gym and get fit, or buy the veggies and not actually consume them and you could get all the benefits? Well, it doesn’t, so instead, let’s find ways to make them taste amazing so you can actually enjoy those benefits!
Well here you go…
And then there is the chicken!
The thing I love about this chicken is it is pretty simple. It doesn’t require anything you won’t likely already find in your spice cabinet. But the flavor is amazing. And the same seasonings you use on the chicken can be used on the Brussel sprouts. Simple and flavorful. I call that a huge win.
Tips for Making Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Chicken
- Clean those Brussels sprouts really well. They won’t taste good if they have dirt on them, so to clean your Brussel sprout, rinse them off in cold water to remove any dust or dirt, then use a small knife to take off the tip of the stem and discard it, then take off any of the outer leaves, especially if they have blemishes. Some will just fall off.
- Preheat the oven. This is not a suggestion. To insure the proper cooking time, get that crispiness you want on the Brussel sprouts, and still have juicy tender (but cooked through) chicken, wait for the oven to preheat.
- Line your sheet pan to make clean up easier.
- Season to your preference. I have included my preference for the amount of spices, but if you like more, add more, if you want it more subtly spiced, add less. That is the beauty of cooking, you can adjust to your preference.
Other Sheet Pan Dinners that Will Blow Your Mind
Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chicken
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 ½ lbs Fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 ½ Tbs olive oil divided
- 1 Tbs coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bottom off of each brussels sprout, and cut in half lengthwise. Put in large bowl, set aside.
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl, set aside
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil (approx 1 ½ Tbs) and sprinkle both sides with seasoning mix, leaving some seasoning mix for the brussels sprouts
- Place chicken breasts across half a sheet pan.
- Add remaining olive oil and seasoning to the bowl with the brussels sprouts, and use a wooden spoon to toss them to coat them in the oil and seasonings.
- Add brussel sprouts in a single layer across remaining portion of sheet pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip chicken and return to over to cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). At this time the brussels sprouts will be tender throughout and slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin to your Sheet Pan or Chicken dinner board: