There are some nights when I just want something that is bright, colorful, and chock full of delicious vegetables. This was one of those beautiful accidents that came about from a late night craving. One of those, what do I have? Let’s throw it all in the same skillet, and hope it tastes good kind of accidents. Well, it did (taste good)! And I have made it several times since, so I figured I better share it with you.
One of the things I really love about this meal is that it does not really require any special ingredients. I used onions, carrots, zucchini, mini squash, french green beans, corn, mushrooms, sausage, and brown rice. But if you have other vegetables, or hate one of the ones I used, just leave it out. It will likely still taste great.
I just ate a big bite of Strawberry Cheesecake Tart, so now my body is telling me it is time for something healthy, and my mouth is literally starting to water as I type this, so I may just be having this for dinner tonight! I hope you will join me. Use whatever fresh veggies you have, and rejoice in the fact that this is a one skillet meal. Almost no mess.
Single Skillet Sausage Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 2-3 mini yellow squash choppped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh French green beans
- 1/4 cup corn kernels canned or frozen
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 pound sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic granules or fresh if you have it
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbs water
- Put water, chopped carrots, onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and fresh green beans in a skillet, start to cook.
- After about 3 minutes add in uncooked sausage, and brown with the vegetables, as they start to cook and become tender.
- Add in seasonings.
- Cook until the sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in corn kernels and brown rice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve warm