Spicy Sausage Skillet Ziti
I know you’ve had baked ziti, but what about skillet ziti? It is awesome! Spicy Sausage and Zucchini Skillet Ziti is a hearty, flavorful, meal that takes minutes to make and will leave the whole family happy. With spicy Italian sausage, fresh zucchini, Homestyle Ragu sauce, and cheese make this a comfort food classic that can also be made ahead and frozen for later!
Spicy Sausage & Zucchini Skillet Ziti
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Pasta board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
My garden is spitting out zucchini like there is no tomorrow! For real though, I have more zucchini then I know what to do with. I made zoodles, zucchini fries, and have had zucchini on just about everything I have made lately. So today when I picked in my garden and found 4 more zucchini, I decided I would make a few freezer meals that had zucchini in them. And this pasta was born.
I am heading out of town for a week of R & R (well, and work, but that is because I never stop working). I am meeting up with some of my blogging friends at the Villas of Poipu Kai in Kauai Hawaii, and my kids are staying home. This means unless I want them to be eating fast food and cold cereal all week I needed to have some food ready for their consumption. So I bought a few jars of Homestyle Ragu. It is thick, really hugs noodles, and has that homemade taste and tradition that I love, with no work. Just pop off the lid, and pour it over your noodles, heat, and serve. Look how easy it is.
Anyway, rather than have them eat spaghetti every night, I made a lasagna, and this Spicy Sausage & Zucchini Skillet Ziti. I ate some for lunch, and am pretty sure they are going to love it. For the freezer meal version, I put it in a big foil pan, I like these so there is no extra cleanup. The foil pans also come with an aluminum lid you can leave on until the last 10 minutes of baking, so your dish doesn’t dry out. And then added an extra layer of mozzarella on top. Then they can just bake it until it is heated through and enjoy!
More Skillet Dishes You Might Love:
- Ricotta Gnocchi Skillet
- Chicken Sausage and Peas Alfredo Pesto Skillet Pasta
- Easy Cheesy Sausage and Green Bean Skillet Pasta
Spicy Sausage and Zucchini Skillet Ziti
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb spicy/hot Italian sausage
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lb 7 ounces Homestyle Ragu Thick & Hearty Traditional
- 1 lb bag of ziti
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Chop up zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add olive oil and spicy Italian sausage, and brown sausage.
- When sausage is brown, add chopped up zucchini, and garlic salt, cook until tender.
- Add Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional sauce to pan once zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook ziti noodles according to package directions. Strain noodles.
- Pour noodles over top of meat and sauce mixture. Add mozzarella.
- Stir it all together.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and basil.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your PASTA board: