This superfoods green detox salad is insanely delicious and has everything you need to redeem those extra calories – chickpeas, quinoa, microgreens, spinach, red cabbage and herbs.
Superfoods Green Detox Salad
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Salads board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey there, I’m Richa from My Food Story and I’m here to talk about some healthy eating aka this superfoods green detox salad which I think you’ll agree, everyone needs in their lives! I think you are going to be confused when I say that I don’t really believe in detoxes and punishing myself by going through a juice cleanse and starving myself for 3 glasses of smoothies! But when I made this salad for the first time there were soooo many healthy ingredients going in it that it definitely felt like something that would do good things to my body.
Lately, I’ve been going a little crazy over Chickpeas and these crunchy Indian Style Chickpeas are my favorite! They go so well in this salad and add tons of texture and crunch to it. Combined with Quinoa, the ultimate superfood you have a ton of healthy nutrients going into your body every time you take a bite.
When I was making this salad, I wanted it to be a full meal. I hate it when I eat a salad for lunch and then start feeling hungry an hour later – that’s when the craving for chips and chocolate strikes and that’s the end of it! I mean what’s the point of having a healthy lunch when you are going to fall off the wagon before the day ends?
That’s why this salad is perfect and has detox in it’s name. Because it’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and is a substantial meal because of all the veggies, quinoa and chickpeas. It will keep you feeling full till your evening snack.
Whenever I make this salad, I always make a little extra Quinoa because I have another favourite that is perfect for lunch the next day – these Beet and Goat Cheese Quinoa Patties. They are colourful, healthy and incredibly easy to make! Pair them with a light salad and you are already on your way to a healthier you!
Superfoods Green Detox Salad
For the Chickpeas
- 2 cups Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For the Salad
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 4 cups chopped Greens I used Lettuce and Spinach
- 1 cup chopped Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup spiralized or sliced Carrots
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dry the chickpeas completely with a towel and toss them in the remaining ingredients listed under chickpeas. Roast for 15 - 20 minutes till they are golden brown.
- Whisk together all the ingredients listed under dressing and set aside till you are ready to serve the salad.
- To assemble the salad, add the roasted chickpeas, quinoa, greens, cabbage and carrots to a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- If serving the salad later, you can assemble all the ingredients and keep it in the refrigerator. Add the dressing just before serving or the salad will turn soggy.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Don’t forget to pin to your SALAD board for later: