This post is sponsored by TOSTITOS®, all opinions are my own.
Whether you are looking for an appetizer, or an easy, finger food dinner, these taco bites are for you. Crunchy TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® filled with refried beans, seasoned ground beef, and melty cheese, then topped with your favorite taco toppings, make for delicious one-bite eats!
These are the ultimate bite, they are crunchy, creamy, savory, and full of flavor. Plus they are totally satisfying, You can enjoy all the flavors of a delicious taco in one bite.
So whether you are serving these as a meal, mini-meal, or appetizer during the holidays, they are going to fit the bill and be something the whole family will love. Everyone will enjoy munching on these taco bites while they talk and connect!
What You Need to Make Taco Bites
This is a super simple recipe, that is also really versatile. You can mix it up as you see fit. Here is what you need:
- TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® These are your taco shells! And they are the perfect way to serve up these mini taco, taco bites.
- Beans: I opted for refried beans, but you can use black beans, or even pinto beans.
- Protein: I used ground beef that I seasoned, but you can swap in shredded chicken, pork, etc.
- Cheese: Add cheese to the top and broil it to melt!
- Toppings: Top with everything you love on tacos. Tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, green onion, cilantro, etc.
How to Make These Easy Taco Bites
Mini meal tacos, where the TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® are the taco shell, and they are topped with taco fixings in a quick, grab and go bite form.
- Prep Ingredients
Preheat oven to broil on high (550 degrees F)
In a large skillet, add ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat, breaking up the ground beef, and cooking until browned.
Meanwhile, open the can of refried beans, and in a small sauce pan, over medium heat, heat until warmed through
Cut up all toppings and have them ready.
- Lay TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® out on a baking tray.
- Add Beans
Scoop a little refried beans into each TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® chip. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just needs to be evenly divided between the chips.
- Add Ground Beef
You can swap for chicken or ground turkey, or pulled pork, or beef brisket, or really any kind of protein you want. But hamburger or ground beef is quick, easy, and delicious.
- Top with Cheese
Now you are going to add cheese on top. You want to just add a pinch, and divide the cheese evenly, and feel free to use more than is called for if you want.
Broil on high, so 550 degrees F. for 3-5 minutes, keep an eye on it so the cheese melts, but doesn’t burn. Then remove from the oven.
Now add all the fun toppings you love to make your taco bites taste like a taco. This can be sour cream, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, green onions, cilantro, and more!
Tips and Tricks
Making this recipe is Eazy Peazy, but here are a few things to keep in mind to get great results:
- Heat Everything First: Heat your beans, cook your ground beef. If you don’t you will need to bake on 350 then broil to get the filling hot. It works better if it is already hot going into the TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!®
- Use TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!®: They are the perfect amount of crunch, can handle the toppings, and add great flavor. Tostitos is THE chip and dip brand for holiday gatherings, social occasions, and meals.
- Top Liberally: These are essentially mini tacos, so top them like you would a taco with all your favorites. This will add flavor and fun.
Make Ahead and Storage
This is a recipe that is best served immediately, but it is possible to prep a lot of it ahead so you can serve it in a hurry. Here is how to make this recipe ahead of time:
- Cut up everything you need/want for the taco bites. And store in air tight containers.
- Season and brown the ground beef ahead. Store in an airtight container.
- When ready to serve, assemble the already prepped ingredients, and fill your TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Then bake at 350 for 20 minutes, and broil for 1-2 at the end.
- To Store: Put in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days, reheat in a toaster oven or air fryer to get some of the crispy-ness back!
- Appetizers: These make a great appetizer that is filling, delicious, and fun.
- Finger Food Dinner: Make dinner super fun and exciting by serving these taco bites as a meal. Make a big tray, and let your family top as they please, or set them out pre-topped!
- After School Snacking: I don’t think of it like snacking, I think of it as a mini-meal occasion. My kids always come home hungry, and these little taco bites are the perfect option to get them satisfied and keep them that way until dinner!
WANT MORE EZPZ? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
- 10 ounces TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® 1 bag
- 16 ounces Refried Beans 1 can
- 1 cup Fiesta Blend Mexican Cheese more if desired
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- White onion
- Preheat oven to broil on high (550 degrees F)
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat, breaking up the ground beef, and cooking until browned.
- Meanwhile, open the can of refried beans, and in a small sauce pan, over medium heat, heat until warmed through
- Lay TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® out on a baking sheet
- Assemble your taco bites by equally dividing beans between the TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® And topping each with the ground beef, and cheese.
- Put in oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, top with your favorite taco toppings, and serve. Squeeze lime over top for even more flavor.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Appetizer or Dinner board on Pinterest:
Leave a Reply