The first thing I have to say is OH.MY.WORD! I loved this combo. I wanted pesto, had no basil. Had no walnuts. Had no lemon juice. Had no parmesan. Basically I had nothing. But I did have spinach, broccoli, limes, and a few more things. And this was the happy creation. I can now die happy.
Those little happy accidents that sometimes happen in the kitchen are often accompanied by big failures, but I totally encourage you to try, as you may stumble on to something magical.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 4 cups of cooked pasta of choice I used radiatori
- 2-4 sweet mini bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup carrot pieces
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- Feta for garnish
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Put pesto ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
- Toss pasta and veggies with about half the pesto (coat to your desired consistency)
- Serve cold
The pesto makes more than you need for one big bowl of pasta salad, so feel free to set half aside for a hot pasta dinner, or even a dip for fresh veggies. It really is that tasty! Or just cut the recipe in half. I know I should have just done it for you, but it is really so good. Even my baby loved it. Although in the spirit of full disclosure, my 5 year old wouldn’t even touch it. Too green I guess. Though he loves Green Smoothies.