The first thing I have to say is OH.MY.WORD! I loved this combo. I wanted pesto, had no basil. Had no walnuts. Had no lemon juice. Had no parmesan. Basically I had nothing. But I did have spinach, broccoli, limes, and a few more things. And this was the happy creation. I can now die happy.
Those little happy accidents that sometimes happen in the kitchen are often accompanied by big failures, but I totally encourage you to try, as you may stumble on to something magical.
Broccoli Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 4 cups of cooked pasta of choice I used radiatori
- 2-4 sweet mini bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup carrot pieces
- 1/2 cup broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- Feta for garnish
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Put pesto ingredients in blender and blend until smooth
- Toss pasta and veggies with about half the pesto (coat to your desired consistency)
- Serve cold
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
The pesto makes more than you need for one big bowl of pasta salad, so feel free to set half aside for a hot pasta dinner, or even a dip for fresh veggies. It really is that tasty! Or just cut the recipe in half. I know I should have just done it for you, but it is really so good. Even my baby loved it. Although in the spirit of full disclosure, my 5 year old wouldn’t even touch it. Too green I guess. Though he loves Green Smoothies.