This is a great fall soup! It is so easy. If you can open a few cans and cook some chicken, you can make this soup. And, the slow cooking allows the flavors to combine to make something truly magical.
I have always loved soup in the cooler months, and living in a state like UT means I get to eat soup a lot. But with a soup like this one I do not mind a bit. One thing that is really great about this soup is that you can garnish it with all of your favorite things like chips, sour cream, guacamole, etc. Or you can eat it as is. Either way it is going to be delicious.
Another great soup option is Taco Soup, which is also very easy and can be cooked in the slow cooker.
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (or you can use fresh or frozen)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs chili powder
- sour cream
- corn chips
- Cook and shred chicken.
- Open and dump all canned ingredients into crock pot.
- Add in spices.
- Put lid on
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Garnish with favorite toppings, eat hot!
If you love fall or winter soups be sure to try these: