This slow cooker soup is bursting with flavor, and is a healthy, satisfying way to warm up. Plus it takes only a couple minutes prep work!
I am so not a fan of cold weather. I like wearing boots and scarves, but actually being cold, or having to scrape windows, or seeing my breath when I go outside, ya…doesn’t appeal at all. And today I found out my kids are totally on board with me. There was this tiny powdered sugar like dusting of snow on the sidewalks, and my kids left for school in full snow gear, from the insulated pants, to the coats, gloves, and beanies. Oh yeah, and snow boots. I guess we are just not cold weather people. Lol.
But, I am a cold weather food person. I love a hearty pot roast, or a steaming cup of cocoa, and I am never going to turn down a fantastic bowl of slow cooker soup! I mean really. I love soup. I love taco soup, I love corn chowder, I love beef stew. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this easy chicken enchilada soup!
And it really is easy. I had a few not-so-nice comments ripping on me for posting this Caramel Apple Slab Pie (which by the way is probably the most popular recipe on my whole site), because it was not “Eazy Peazy” and so I have been really hesitant to post anything that isn’t excessively easy to make. But the truth is, these are recipes (NOT TAKE OUT) which means there will always be some work/time involved. I try to keep things simple, and not require advanced cooking skills, and from time to time I post a recipe that may not fit the standard definition of “Eazy Peazy” but this one does. It really does! You just cook some chicken and throw the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker! Eazy Peazy.
So give it a try, and then let me know what you think. Was it easy for you to make?
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can green enchilada sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs coriander
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 can diced tomatoes Or 3-4 cups of fresh diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- In a slow cooker set to cook on low for 8-10 hours add in tomatoes, beans (undrained), corn (undrained), and half of each can of enchilada sauce.
- Mix the spices together and add half to the slow cooker
- Cook your chicken in a skillet over medium heat with the remaining enchilada sauce and spices. You can just let it simmer until it is cooked through.
- Shred chicken (I do this by putting it in my Kitchen Aid mixer with the Paddle attachment, set to 2-3, and let it run for 30 seconds to a minute)
- Add chicken and pan sauces to crock pot and let cook for 8-10 hours so flavors can meld
- Serve with garnishments and enjoy
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Another thing to note is you can adjust the spices if you don’t want it to be “hot” or “spicy” you can cut back on the chili powder and paprika. My kids were fine with it as is, but my niece did say it was a little spicy for her. So adjust according to your preference.
And if you love soup be sure to check out: