Easy Pork Carnitas Meal Prep Bowls. A slow cooked or Instant Pot Carnitas, bean and corn salad, and rice and quinoa mix! These carnitas bowls are quick to make, full of flavor, and a recipe you will love for meal prep.
You guys are going to get so sick of hearing me sing the praises of the Instant Pot, but I have to. It has helped simplify my life, and heavens knows I need all the simplicity and short cuts I can get. I work a gazillion hours a week on this here blog, creating content, and videos (which may only be around 60 seconds long, but take several HOURS to make), and then there is being mom to 4 kids, and the fact that my husband is rarely home. My life is a wonderful one, but it is also hectic. So again, the instant pot is a life saver.
I just bought a pre seasoned, and marinated package of pork carnitas, and threw it into the Instant Pot, for only 30 minutes. And guess what??? It came out perfectly tender, and ready to be shredded and crisped in a broiler (optional). During the last 5 minutes it was cooking, I tossed together a corn and bean salad to act as a side, and heated up a pouch of Seeds of Change Brown Rice and Quinoa with Garlic.
Anyhow, dinner was done in about 40 minutes, start to finish. And I had a new, easy, tasty option for the dinner rotation. But more importantly, I had a quick, nutritious, and tasty option for meal prep!
Meal Prep Made Easy
I bought a ton of these containers, and I went a little meal prep crazy recently. You see, my husband travels for work, and I work all the time and often skip lunch, so making easy meals like this one, and portioning them out into containers means I eat, and he doesn’t spend a small fortune eating out. It is better for our wallet and our pant size! And helps keep me from getting hangry during the day. It is a real thing.
So let’s band together to fight off the hangries, and meal prep. Let me share some of my favorite options:
Or you could get a cookbook with like 150 options: Found here.
Of course, this is also good just as a meal. I love having 30 minute options like this one for those crazy busy nights when we are running around like mad, trying to get every kid to their various commitments when still functioning as a normal family. But what is normal anyway!?
I am pretty sure normal is a word people made up to make everyone else feel like they are not living up to some impossible standard. And who are these “people” we sometimes speak of? Ok, ok, I am writing this at like 2 in the morning (my kid free time), so you will have to excuse the nonsensical rambling.
Instead focus on the beautifully cooked pork, and the fiber and flavor filled corn and bean salad!
Are you drooling yet? Check out this recipe then, it could literally be yours in under 30 minutes:
Other pork recipes that you might enjoy:
- Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
- Pork Loin with Apples, Potatoes, and Carrots
- Easy Pork Enchilada Soup
- Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- One-Skillet Pork Tenderloin and Peaches Recipe
Easy Pork Carnitas Meal Prep Bowls
- 2 lb - 3 lb package of Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges
- Grape Tomatoes
- Serve with Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic Pictured
- Put carnitas in an Instant Pot or slow cooker. If in the instant pot, cook for 30 minutes to an hour
- If in the slow cooker, cook 3-5 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn salad by draining corn, and mixing 1 cup corn with 1 cup rinsed and drained black beans, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl, then set aside.
- When pork is done cooking, shred, and place on a cookie sheet and broil on high for 3-5 minutes until edges are a little crispy!
- Serve with bean salad and Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic (Pictured) and garnish.
- Great for meal prep!
Pin to your Meal Prep board on Pinterest: