Greek Chicken Bowls: Insanely delicious Greek Chicken bowl recipe. Greek Marinated Chicken, cucumber salad, tzatziki, red onion, and tomato, served over brown rice. These are quick and easy to make, and will help you be set for the week.
Greek Chicken Bowls
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Don’t you just love the flavors of Greek foods? I love the lemon, the dill, the red onion, and more. Basically if it has the word “Greek” attached to it, I want in. This year, in an attempt to eat better, and stay on top of meals so I don’t feel as much need to snack, or binge on junk, I have started making some meal prep bowls. One of the ones I made was this Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls from Damn Delicious. It was delicious. I made it a few more times, and changed it slightly by adding a few things to the marinade, etc. But I loved it so I had to share it.
Look how easy it is:
My husband works out of town a lot, and so I like to make food for him when I can so he doesn’t have to eat fast food all the time. So these meal prep bowls have really come in handy for that as well. As well as these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls or these Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowls.
This Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl basically consists of three recipes in one. You have a marinade for the chicken. It is a super simple to make marinade, that offers great flavors in as little as 20 minutes. I loved how flavorful this chicken turned out. Then you have the cucumber salad. It is a pretty simple recipe that utilizes fresh cucumbers, lemon, and seasonings. I could eat a big bowl of this by itself. Last, there is the tzatziki, which I think just brings the whole dish to life with the fresh flavors, and smooth creaminess.
The chicken is tender and juicy, the veggies fresh, and the flavors are awesome. I was worried the cucumbers wouldn’t stay crisp, but if you use the English cucumbers, they should be good for the 3-5 days.
Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
The recipe makes six of these great Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. I like to eat one the day I make it, and then use the rest for lunches for the husband and I for the next few days. It is so nice to have a lunch ready for me, and not have to try and come up with what I am going to eat.
My daughter, who is in elementary school, and loves Greek inspired food as well even asked if she could take one of the Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls to school for lunch. And the great thing is I could say yes because they taste great cold. I like to eat them chilled. But if you want, you can heat the chicken and rice portions up before eating, or cook this fresh, and eat day of, while the chicken is still hot. You could also split the salad and chicken and rice into separate containers if you want to reheat!
I hope you enjoy Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls as much as we do!
Meal Prep Tips and Ideas For Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Each meal is approximately 500 calories according to the calculator I used, double check for accuracy as I do not regularly calculate calories.
- I used Rubbermaid 4 cup containers (reusable), but you could also use divided or separate containers like these to make reheating chicken easy. I love these because they are divided into 3 compartments, are washable (dishwasher safe) and reusable, and come in black or green, so I can make one with more garlic for me and less garlic for the husband, and we can know which is which.
- For additional meal prep, check out this cookbook featuring 100+ ideas or try this recipe for ITALIAN CHICKEN MEAL PREP BOWLS or TACO MEAL PREP BOWLS
- I loved this meal prep lunch bag for keeping things cool and organized.
- Meal prep with multiple people and swap to avoid eating the same thing all week.
- This meal is best within 3 days, but is good up to 5 days.
- This does NOT have to be a meal prep, it also serves as a delicious family dinner option!
- Start your brown rice in a rice cooker, or use something like these Ready To Serve Rice Bowls to speed up meal prep.
More Meal Prep Ideas
Other Easy Meals you May Enjoy and could work for Meal Prep:
- Flank Steak Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken
- Chicken and Veggie Pitas
- Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Greek Chicken Bowls (Meal Prep Easy)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs garlic minced (Note, adjust to preference)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 English cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- 1 tsp - up to 1 Tbs minced garlic adjust to garlic preference
- 1/2 Tbs dill weed or 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- In a large plastic zip bag, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, greek yogurts and salt and pepper. Massage to mix.
- Add chicken into the bag.
- Massage to make sure chicken is full covered and marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- I used my Anolon Skillet which I love because it heats evenly, is metal utensil friendly, and can be used in the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Add chicken when it is hot, and cook, flipping part way through. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness and size of the chicken. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces. Just make sure you let it cool, or all the juice will run out.
- Meanwhile, make cucumber salad by chunking the cucumbers, and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Set aside
- Make tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. And add mint (optional)
- Refrigerate while assembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. When finished cooking, divide between meal prep containers, 1/2 cup in each container, halve cherry tomatoes, and mix with red onion slices. Divide amongst the bowls.
- Top with chicken, cucumber salad, and some tzatziki sauce.
- Keep for 3- 5 days in airtight container, serve cold!
The marinade should be drained off, you don't want to eat all that garlic, just use it to flavor your chicken.
** Another great meal prep option are these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
Don’t forget to pin for later: