Greek Chicken Bowls: Insanely delicious Greek Chicken bowl recipe. Greek Marinated Chicken, cucumber salad, tzatziki, red onion, and tomato, served over brown rice. These are quick and easy to make, and will help you be set for the week.
Greek Chicken Bowls
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Don’t you just love the flavors of Greek foods? I love the lemon, the dill, the red onion, and more. Basically if it has the word “Greek” attached to it, I want in. This year, in an attempt to eat better, and stay on top of meals so I don’t feel as much need to snack, or binge on junk, I have started making some meal prep bowls. One of the ones I made was this Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls from Damn Delicious. It was delicious. I made it a few more times, and changed it slightly by adding a few things to the marinade, etc. But I loved it so I had to share it.
Look how easy it is:
My husband works out of town a lot, and so I like to make food for him when I can so he doesn’t have to eat fast food all the time. So these meal prep bowls have really come in handy for that as well. As well as these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls or these Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowls.
This Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowl basically consists of three recipes in one. You have a marinade for the chicken. It is a super simple to make marinade, that offers great flavors in as little as 20 minutes. I loved how flavorful this chicken turned out. Then you have the cucumber salad. It is a pretty simple recipe that utilizes fresh cucumbers, lemon, and seasonings. I could eat a big bowl of this by itself. Last, there is the tzatziki, which I think just brings the whole dish to life with the fresh flavors, and smooth creaminess.
The chicken is tender and juicy, the veggies fresh, and the flavors are awesome. I was worried the cucumbers wouldn’t stay crisp, but if you use the English cucumbers, they should be good for the 3-5 days.
Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
The recipe makes six of these great Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls. I like to eat one the day I make it, and then use the rest for lunches for the husband and I for the next few days. It is so nice to have a lunch ready for me, and not have to try and come up with what I am going to eat.
My daughter, who is in elementary school, and loves Greek inspired food as well even asked if she could take one of the Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls to school for lunch. And the great thing is I could say yes because they taste great cold. I like to eat them chilled. But if you want, you can heat the chicken and rice portions up before eating, or cook this fresh, and eat day of, while the chicken is still hot. You could also split the salad and chicken and rice into separate containers if you want to reheat!
I hope you enjoy Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls as much as we do!
Meal Prep Tips and Ideas For Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Each meal is approximately 500 calories according to the calculator I used, double check for accuracy as I do not regularly calculate calories.
- I used Rubbermaid 4 cup containers (reusable), but you could also use divided or separate containers like these to make reheating chicken easy. I love these because they are divided into 3 compartments, are washable (dishwasher safe) and reusable, and come in black or green, so I can make one with more garlic for me and less garlic for the husband, and we can know which is which.
- For additional meal prep, check out this cookbook featuring 100+ ideas or try this recipe for ITALIAN CHICKEN MEAL PREP BOWLS or TACO MEAL PREP BOWLS
- I loved this meal prep lunch bag for keeping things cool and organized.
- Meal prep with multiple people and swap to avoid eating the same thing all week.
- This meal is best within 3 days, but is good up to 5 days.
- This does NOT have to be a meal prep, it also serves as a delicious family dinner option!
- Start your brown rice in a rice cooker, or use something like these Ready To Serve Rice Bowls to speed up meal prep.
More Meal Prep Ideas
Other Easy Meals you May Enjoy and could work for Meal Prep:
- Flank Steak Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Garlic Chicken
- Chicken and Veggie Pitas
- Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
Don’t forget to pin for later: