Easy Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls:
Brown rice, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, and red onion, as well as deliciously seasoned chicken all cooked on a sheet pan for low mess, big flavor, meal prep!
Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
About a month ago I shared a recipe for Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, and apparently it struck a chord with a few of you, so I decided to share some of my other favorite easy to make recipes that work well for meal prep. And this Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowl is the result.
This dish is packed with delicious veggies, and seasoned with all the classic Italian spices: basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram. It has some paprika for color and flavor. And some garlic because, well, I am a fan.
But the amazing thing about this Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls recipe is that it is not only delicious, it is SO EASY TO MAKE!
You literally throw everything together on a sheet pan, and bake it.
Then stir it up and portion it out.
Meal Prep Suggestions And Things To Note:
This Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowl does not have to be used for meal prep. It is delicious as an easy mid week meal, chicken dinner. Instead of packaging it up, just serve to your family over brown rice.
It is also easy to customize. Here are some suggestions for switching things up:
- Add whatever veggies you like best. Use what you have. I like this flavor combination, but feel free to substitute your favorites.
- There are a lot of seasonings on this, cut in half if you are worried it will be too much, adjust to taste!
- Add flavor by Broiling: I like to broil for a couple minutes at the end to get a little color on the chicken (not pictured). Skip if you don’t like your veggies to have a tiny bit of char.
- Salt and pepper are great for adjusting to your personal flavor preference.
How Long Will This Italian Chicken Last in the Fridge?
One of the biggest questions I get asked about meal prep is how long it stays good for. According to the USDA, cooked chicken, when properly stored, stays good for 3-4 days. So how do you properly store chicken?
- Properly Handle: If you are cooking Italian Chicken Meal Prep recipe for meal prep, not to eat immediately, it is best to let it cool on the counter for a few minutes before refrigerating it. But don’t let it sit too long, or bacteria growth could be a real problem.
- Refrigerate: Keeps 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Store in Airtight Containers: I used Glad Containers, they are reusable, and I love them. But if you want to use glass containers or something else, feel free.
How to Know If the Chicken is Spoiled:
Color: Good chicken is usually white and brown, where chicken that has spoiled will be gray or greenish tinted.
Smell: Bad chicken gives off an odor, usually a little sour and off-putting. So give it a whiff.
Texture: When chicken goes bad it can get slimy. So when in doubt, touch it!
When I am doing meal prep, I try to make things as low mess and quick as possible.
So for the rice for these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, I used Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. It is quick and easy, and takes only 90 seconds in the microwave.
I love any easy shortcut I can use to make meal prep easier. And these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls have been a life saver on busy nights when my daughter has gymnastics, or on crazy days when I don’t have time to slow down for lunch.
My husband particularly likes when I make them because it means he has food to take on his trips! Hope you love them as much as we do.
Note: Estimated calories are included in the notes, but please double check on your favorite calorie calculator, such as MyFitnessPal.com
Meal Prep is such a great way to ensure I stay on top of my dietary goals, but also just makes life easier on those hectic days. You don’t have to be working to lose weight or make muscle gains to meal prep.
Meal prepping for your family can help you to eat together more often, have more nutritious meals, and more. So I want to share some of my favorite meal prep recipes with you.
Other meal prep options:
- Greek Chicken Bowls
- Salsa Verde Taco Bowls
- Ginger Orange Chicken Meal Prep
- Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls
- Easy Pork Carnitas Meal Prep Bowls
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2-4 cups cooked rice of choice optional
- Meal Prep Containers
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and paprika
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked, and veggies are slightly charred.
- Broil 1-2 minutes to brown chicken
- Place ½ or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers.
- Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 3- 5 days or serve for dinner!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your MEAL PREP board on Pinterest:
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!