Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
The perfect chicken recipe for meal prep, made on one sheet pan, and are absolutely delicious. Subtly flavored, and absolutely delicious, this simple chicken and vegetable meal is a meal prep favorite. With a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce, and crisp vegetables, this one is a winner.
Serve with Easy Rice Pilaf and Mini Caramel Chocolate Cake Bites for a great meal.
Here is why this Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep should be on your “to-make” list this week:
- Low mess: You make it on a single sheet pan, which means with minimal dishes, you get an excellent meal.
- Customizable: Add whatever veggies you enjoy most. You can also add veggies in stages to get the perfect texture. like the snow peas could be added with just a few minutes of time left for better results.
- Veggie Packed: This recipe for chicken meal prep is vegetable packed, with so many options, it is like a stir fry made on a sheet pan.
- Delicious: You get mega flavor with minimal effort.
Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
But, I will have to think about how I want to do that. So today let’s talk about food. This Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls food. It is basically a sheet pan full of veggies and chicken, that I bake for a few minutes. And an absolutely delicious homemade sesame teriyaki sauce. The best ever, I might go so far to say. It is not traditional teriyaki sauce, but boy is it good.
In this recipe, about half way through the cooking process, I dump it over the chicken and veggies, stirred, and then return to the oven to finish cooking. However, if you want your sauce to be a little thicker on the veggies and chicken you could just toss them together after the veggies and chicken are cooked through. Either way you will love it, and love that it is so low mess.
I have been on a big meal prep kick lately. It all started with these seriously yummy Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, and then I made an Italian Chicken version, then (my favorite) a Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowl. And now I am keeping the trend going with this Teriyaki Chicken version. But you don’t have to eat it as meal prep. It is excellent on its own as dinner!
Teriyaki Chicken Bowl Things to Note:
- Swap the veggies for your favorites. You don’t have to use this variety.
- Add veggies onto the pan in stages while cooking to keep everything crisp tender, with heartier veggies at the beginning and the tender veggies (like snow peas) at the end.
- Add sauce half way through for a more subtle flavor, or at end for a stronger, richer flavor.
- This makes 4 servings, and they can store for 3-5 days in the fridge.
- I used my favorite re-usable containers–FIND THEM HERE.
- Check out my other meal prep ideas: Greek Chicken, Italian Chicken, and Taco Meal Prep Bowls.
- This cook book offers 150 Meal Prep options.
- I love serving this over rice, and to keep it simple for lunches, I use these microwavable rice bowls.
More chicken recipes you might want to try:
- Tandoori Chicken Wraps
- Roast Chicken with Sheet Pan Tomato Sauce
- Chicken Banh Mi Meal Prep Bowls
- Creamy Red Curry Chicken
- Sheet Pan Cajun Garlic Chicken & Fries
Easy Sesame Teriyaki Chicken Bowls (Meal Prep)
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 9 ounces white mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1 cup heaping sugar snap peas
- 1 cup heaping carrot sticks
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs Agave or Honey
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 3 Tbs Hoison
- 2 Tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lay chicken, and vegetables out on tray, reserving the more tender veggies like the sugar snap peas, to add later. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix teriyaki sauce ingredients together, and whisk in a medium bowl. Set aside
- Remove chicken and veggies from oven, and stir to combine, adding in the more tender veggies, then pour teriyaki sauce over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. **
- Stir well
- Garnish with additional sesame seeds, enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your CHICKEN board on Pinterest:
Stephani Caldwell says
Bob Williams says
Stephanie Jordan says