Easy Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls: Brown rice, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, and red onion, as well as deliciously seasoned chicken all cooked on a sheet pan for low mess, big flavor, meal prep!
About a month ago I shared a recipe for Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, and apparently it struck a cord with a few of you, so I decided to share some of my other favorite easy to make recipes that work well for meal prep. And this Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowl is the result.
This dish is packed with delicious veggies, and seasoned with all the classic Italian spices: basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram. It has some paprika for color and flavor. And some garlic because, well, I am a fan. But the amazing thing about this recipe is that it is not only delicious, it is SO EASY TO MAKE!
You literally throw everything together on a sheet pan, and bake it. Then stir it up and portion it out. The recipe creates 4 servings. I suggest making this and the greek chicken meal prep bowls, or the Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowls, with a friend, and swapping half so you get a little variety.
Meal Prep Suggestions And Things To Note
- This Italian Chicken Meal Prep does not have to be used for meal prep. It is delicious as an easy mid week meal, chicken dinner. Instead of packaging it up, just serve to your family over brown rice.
- Add whatever veggies you like best. I like this flavor combination, but feel free to substitute your favorites.
- There are a lot of seasonings on this, cut in half if you are worried it will be too much, adjust to taste!
- I broil for a couple minutes at the end to get a little color on the chicken. Skip if you don’t like your veggies to have a tiny bit of char.
- Salt and pepper are great for adjusting to your personal flavor preference.
- Keeps 3-5 days in the fridge.
- I used Glad Containers, they are reusable, and I love them. But if you want to use glass containers or something else, feel free.
- Estimated calories are included in the notes, but please double check on your favorite calorie calculator, such as MyFitnessPal.com
When I am doing meal prep, I try to make things as low mess and quick as possible. So for the rice for these containers, I used Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. It is quick and easy, and takes only 90 seconds in the microwave. I love any easy shortcut I can use to make meal prep easier. And these Italian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls have been a life saver on busy nights when my daughter has gymnastics, or on crazy days when I don’t have time to slow down for lunch. My husband particularly likes when I make them because it means he has food to take on his trips! Hope you love them as much as we do.
Italian Chicken and Veggies
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2-4 cups cooked rice of choice (optional)
- Meal Prep Containers
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and paprika
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked, and veggies are slightly charred.
- Broil 1-2 minutes to brown chicken
- Place ½ or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers.
- Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 3- 5 days or serve for dinner!
Each Meal Prep Container is approximately 250 calories.
Italian seasoning recipe from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/homemade-healthy-italian-seasoning-50121811
Other meal prep options:
Pin to your MEAL PREP board on Pinterest: