These Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls are perfect to spice your up meal prep for lunch or dinner! Just a few ingredients and easy to throw together!
Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Meal Prep board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey all! Sam back from The Culinary Compass. I’m here to bring you these perfectly spicy Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls!
I don’t know about you, but meal prep has been a huge help to me! It’s helped me with eating better, as a time saver, and financially so I know what I’m getting when I go to the store. No more going to the store hungry and getting whatever looks good.
I tried to keep these Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep Bowls as simple as possible as time is so limited on Sundays when I meal prep! I love getting to spend as much time with friends and family so cutting down on ingredients is a huge plus for me.
You can use your own blend of taco seasoning, but I prefer to just use the packets you can find in the store! I also use a red enchilada sauce which is a little spicy so feel free to use whatever fits your tastebuds! The verde and mild versions would both go great with this.
These are also flour tortillas, but you could try corn as well. Another option is to not put them in tortillas at all and bring them with you to make sure they’re as fresh as possible! If you’re looking to change it up, you could also put the filling on top of a salad or bring tortilla chips with you for some enchilada nachos!
Other meal prep ideas:
- Greek Chicken Bowls
- Italian Chicken Bowls
- Salsa Verde Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
Chicken Enchilada Meal Prep BowlsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 taco sized tortillas
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Add chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Cook on each side 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and shred.
- Add remaining olive oil, bell pepper and onion and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add in diced tomatoes and green chilies, packet of taco seasoning, and shredded chicken. Let simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of filling into each tortilla and place folded down into container. There should be enough for 2 enchiladas in containers. If there's extra, place in each container. Drizzle with equal amounts of enchilada sauce over each container. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over each MMeal Prep Containers.
- To reheat: Microwave 1:30 seconds to ensure center has reheated and cheese is melty.