S’mores Nachos! Need I say more? I mean really… S’mores. Nachos.
S’mores basically define summer for me. I love them. My kids love them. My husband…well, I think he likes eating them, but the whole building the fire, smelling like a campfire all night, and making sure no one gets burned, or poked, or whatever, kind of takes the fun out of it for him.
And so I offer a super simple alternative to the campfire made s’mores, which is made in the oven in a matter of minutes, and offers all those wonderful flavors you love in an eazy peazy way!
12 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 3 graham crackers, broken into chunks
- 10 marshmallows (large) or a cup of mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using a small cast iron griddle or baking pan layer first the graham crackers, then the marshmallows, then the chocolate chips
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 then turn oven on to broil
- And broil for 2-3 minutes (watch closely), to brown and crisp up the marshmallows
- Heat chocolate fudge ice cream topping in microwave for 30 seconds
- Drizzle over the top of the s'mores nachos and enjoy!
Doesn’t this just look awesome? Trust me, it is!
You can make it in cast iron like I did, or in any oven friendly dish. I just think it looks so cute in the cast iron.
It took about 10 minutes in my oven, then 2-3 broiling, but you will definitely want to keep an eye on it as things can go bad fast, just like with a traditional s’more, and you don’t want to have your smoke alarms going off!
I loved the simplicity of this recipe. I loved the way it tugged on my “summer” emotions. I loved that it was an alternative to S’mores! If you love them as much as we do, try these or one of our most popular S’mores recipes: